Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Is it dangerous? I am teaching in 3D print in China. It is so necessary for me to get the latest information about the 3D print. If you have any relative information, could you send it to me. Thank you very much!

Student
    If you have the correct printer and material, a 3D printer can be a great way to make toys and other little items for your kids.

ABS and PLA are the safest plastics for children, with PLA being a non-toxic bioplastic.

However, if your child has a habit of putting things in their mouth, it is not recommended. Also, try to protect your child from tiny plastic particles that are released into the air during the printing process, as they can be toxic to inhale and aggravate asthma and other respiratory problems.

Furthermore, the printer's nozzle can reach temperatures of above 260°C, causing severe burns if touched.

3D printed objects and using a 3D printer may be safe for kids, but there are many issues to consider. Parents and educators will need to consider factors related to their use of 3D printing in order to make decisions regarding children in their care.

Using a printer that prints with ABS plastic, the child will smell bad when the plastic melts. It's an allergen. It is better to choose devices that work with PLA plastic.

Student
    Add Jovanninelson on Facebook
    It's dangerous for children never leave young kids alone with a 3D printer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12