Close

Astroprint vs. printtopeer?

Can you guys touch on what the benefits of AstroPrint are to Printtopeer, which recently launched on indiegogo? They both seem very very similar.

Hi Mason,
    To be totally honest, I haven't used Print To Peer, so I probably only know a smidgen more about their product than you. Believe it or not, we were not aware that Print To Peer was still around until about a month ago when they resurfaced.

I can definitely speak of the merits of AstroPrint, but without using Print To Peer, cannot say much about their product. Hopefully in the coming weeks, we can ask YOU what the difference is and you can tell us!

We are definitely highly focused on User Interface and the user having a very simple and pleasant experience. At the same time, all advanced functionality will be available to the power users. We will be releasing our AstroBox on a faster board, which is still a secret, don't tell anyone (they are using the Raspberry Pi.) :-)

We are highly focused on an amazing personal experience when using a 3D printer, and are not as focused on sharing your printer with others.

Mason, what are the biggest selling points of a service like ours (or Print To Peer's) for you? What functionality would benefit you the most?

~Drew