Close

Question 3 in 1 3d printer

Hey guys i recently attracted to Mooz 3D printer from kickstarter but my friends said that it is very risky to buy it from Kickstarter. personally, i think its cheaper to buy it from them.
    However, do you think this Mooz 3d print spec is good enough for newbie? (i dont want to be looked spam so you guys can check it by yourself thanks )

3d printers on Kickstarter are a dime a dozen. Some end up being successful, but many fail. Your friend's warnings are probably more about that. I would be very, very cautious about backing one.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    The step from prototyping to mass production is huge. People need to visit factories, set up spaces for assembly lines and SKU's.
    Facilities need to be changed to meet standards etc. etc. that is a main reason why so many Kickstarters do not launch or have enormous delays.
    So make sure you are confident that they can deliver quality and bring the product to a mass audience.
    Symme3D seems to be a good example, it has been two years with big promises and great funding and their printers are still not launched.
    While Snapmaker so far is a good example of the opposite, they have their devices mass manufactured with only some minor improvements needed to be done causing little delay, and have been very active involving the 3DP community. You have to go into a lot of depth before investing in KS companies.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Overall, Mooz looks like a steal of a deal.
    Yet looking closer there are some 'hooks and eyes' as the Dutch proverb goes.
    Like, why does there have to be a Mooz 2 at all? And why is the mixing head extruder computer animated?
    This makes me think they haven't thought everything out completely.
    Yet for the price it is always worth a try Keep us informed! I would love to compare it with the Snapmaker once I receive it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Personally I've been stung by a 3d printer on kickstarter and will never ever do it again :-)

With Kickstarter you are NOT BUYING ANYTHING !.
    Essentially you are giving them your money and in return they say they will send you a printer. there is no legal requirement for them to do so.
    Just think about that. They do not have to send you anything while being able to legally keep your money.
    So when the kickstarter falls through, you lose your money and have zero come back.

Oh yeah, the mooz is the one that looks like a trinus, uses the same modules as the trinus and is a trinus rip off :-)
    And keeps showing up on facebook - thought it was called something else though, so maybe several 'companies' doing the same thing, possibly using old trinus graphics ?

Yes it's very cheap, will you actually get one ?
    Probably not.

Yes but there are also some that very successful and deliver their product :s

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    The step from prototyping to mass production is huge. People need to visit factories, set up spaces for assembly lines and SKU's.
    Facilities need to be changed to meet standards etc. etc. that is a main reason why so many Kickstarters do not launch or have enormous delays.
    So make sure you are confident that they can deliver quality and bring the product to a mass audience.
    Symme3D seems to be a good example, it has been two years with big promises and great funding and their printers are still not launched.
    While Snapmaker so far is a good example of the opposite, they have their devices mass manufactured with only some minor improvements needed to be done causing little delay, and have been very active involving the 3DP community. You have to go into a lot of depth before investing in KS companies.
    yes im totally agree! thats why i need to ask a lot of people thanks for your advice by the way. im going to do more research of the company

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    Overall, Mooz looks like a steal of a deal.
    Yet looking closer there are some 'hooks and eyes' as the Dutch proverb goes.
    Like, why does there have to be a Mooz 2 at all? And why is the mixing head extruder computer animated?
    This makes me think they haven't thought everything out completely.
    Yet for the price it is always worth a try Keep us informed! I would love to compare it with the Snapmaker once I receive it.
    HAHAHA nice quotes, im not really sure if im gonna buy this one guys but lets see if im going to buy this one i let you guys know

Staff Engineer
    Wait until there's an actual product being shipped. It might cost a little more, but it's a lot more likely to show up.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Ah ha - advert popped up again on facebook.
    Called a snapmaker: https://snapmaker.com/?utm_source=so...image_creative
    look familiar ?
    Essentially the same as the trinus and the mooz.

Now given that the trinus actually delivered, the odds of these two coming through have dropped considerably :-)