Close

MassDrop Deal on 2KG Filament - $29.99

Not sure if you guys are familiar with MassDrop, but they allow for cheaper prices if more people buy something. They currently have 2 spools of 1.75mm 1KG filament for only $29.99. I am very tempted to buy this (only $15/spool). Sucks though that they don't say who makes it. Do you think it's any good? Worth the shot at $15/spool?

Thanks for sharing Gamma! I'm getting myself some of this. Will let you know how it is.

Good price, but the question is, "Do you get what you pay for?" I've seen cheap filament before, and I have purchased cheap filament before. I haven't been successful yet in buying the cheap stuff unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiveringToad View Post
    Good price, but the question is, "Do you get what you pay for?" I've seen cheap filament before, and I have purchased cheap filament before. I haven't been successful yet in buying the cheap stuff unfortunately.
    Usually, with cheap filament, with lots of effort and failed prints you can figure out what it takes to make it work. But it just isn't worth the hassle. I have a couple partial spools of cheap filament I'm working through and for now on, I'm just using stuff that is good quality!

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Usually, with cheap filament, with lots of effort and failed prints you can figure out what it takes to make it work. But it just isn't worth the hassle. I have a couple partial spools of cheap filament I'm working through and for now on, I'm just using stuff that is good quality!
    What's the good stuff you're using? I've been doing a lot of digging on filament resellers, to determine who's reselling what.

I have been getting excellent results and strong parts with filament from 51buyusa on ebay. The sticker on the side of the spools says "reprapper". It is only 27.99 a spool. I bought 5 rolls from "digitude" on ebay and it was crap, I fought about it and finally got my money back, but it wasn't worth the hassle. I also buy from "sidewinder inc" on ebay for about $20 a roll but he only carries black and white. The brand name on that filament is "Folgers Ind" and gives good results. Hope this helps.