Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Built Printers

Engineer-in-Training
    Colehard! You killed it man! Great job!

First you were discouraged, now you are one of the first with a completed printer. Good work! I hope your son joined you and had a good time. If not, I hope you guys have fun calibrating and printing together!

Technician
    Looking good colehard

Student
    Massive Thumbs up

Seems Peachy is a challenging but achievable build if you follow the instructions,
    Looking forward to mine showing up (Roll on July?)

This is my little printer....

hi, nice printer! is this also an ikea board?
    When i look to the designs i think peachy could sell ikea coupons

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by colehard View Post
    Fair enough. My fault for watching the first unbox videos then.

I am having trouble determining where to get film and glasses that will provide appropriate UV laser protection (without spending $200+ on glasses or $100 + per square foot of film.) My searching only came up with these pricey options. Does anyone have any advice?
    Hey colehard
    we sent out the extra box/peachy printer enclosure to the first few early beta simply because we needed to try the idea out with some people.
    We plan to open the store to beta testers very soon where you will be able to purchase/ spend beta tester credits on protective film by the foot, so that you can make any size viewing window you like!
    We also want to stock standardized enclosure, safty glasses and anything else you might need for using a peachy printer.
    Great work one the printers everyone!!!!!!!!

Technician
    with a bit of experimenting (in the stores) I have found that the orange cellophane can block UV (from a uv led torch) with four layers atleast as effectively as the 'uv laser gogles' supplied with the peachy pp29 so it IS possible to create a clear plastic cabinet, line it with 4 layers of orange cellophane and have a UV resistant location. I hope to finish my printer build INCLUDING a perspex cabinet (with the cellophane lining) and might even post photos

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    with a bit of experimenting (in the stores) I have found that the orange cellophane can block UV (from a uv led torch) with four layers atleast as effectively as the 'uv laser gogles' supplied with the peachy pp29 so it IS possible to create a clear plastic cabinet, line it with 4 layers of orange cellophane and have a UV resistant location. I hope to finish my printer build INCLUDING a perspex cabinet (with the cellophane lining) and might even post photos
    for a clean look, go to a store that sells window tinting supplies and get ahold of some of the tinting adhesive (you may even be able to find UV tint for sale)

Great to see these first builds! The one from Ser10gonzalez somehow reminds me of a hospital bed, hehe: CoolClips_vc008383.jpg
    Which gives a complete new meaning to the word printbed I guess....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234