Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Built Printers

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    If you go look at the Kickstarter, you will see that laser shielding and an enclosure are things the user provides, if desired.
    I'll second this, the fact that the P28 came with a box was kind of a surprise. And perhaps I chould have put "box" in quotation marks in my earlier post... From the assembly video, it looks like it was blank material that needed duct tape for assembly.

what's up Pete, how goes the build? I want to see your system setup even if you're not printing yet, I have to live through you guys until I get mine.

Colehard, I agree with Anuvin and must add :

- It's a Beta kit. Beta mean functionnal, but expect bug, incompete stuff and other stuff that need improvement. If you have idea, post them on the beta forum to improve the product ! It's what Beta is for ! (Beta seems to be missunderstand as "early access").
    - Resine is shipped separely (from MakerJuice directly), you will receive it later. Anyway, try to focus on the build and instructions at first, you'll be better at printing !
    - Container have always been sold in a another package. It was 50$ If I recall (for mount and container).
    - UV were on the P28 kit, but wasnt very efficien, so they have been removed from PP29. Might see them back in PP30 or consumer release.

Laser is not very powerfull, but still dangerous. You can add a safety switch if you wish. Come on beta forum, I'll explain to you how to do it.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztecphoenix View Post
    what's up Pete, how goes the build? I want to see your system setup even if you're not printing yet, I have to live through you guys until I get mine.
    Ask and you shall receive....all be it a fairly minor update (unfortunately I gashed my thumb in a stupid drilling accident, n.b. salt water and cuts do not mix!)

I have:
    Added the top and bottom reservoirs
    A front and back bar on my frame
    Trimmed the 'zero' point on the circuitry
    Added drip rate attenuator (see below it's just a drilled steel plate but sounds fancy!)
    Drip system working and calibrated
    Added two safety switches (on the left)

Unfortunately work prevents play but I'm hoping to get going again at the weekend and hopefully calibration and basic prints should follow shortly.

Last thing I'll share that excited me massively was getting the mirrors moving for the first time, the peachy software allows you to draw some pre-defined patterns, it's pretty easy to guess what this would be drawing.....

please tell me you plan on putting in a viewing window, it would suck not being able to watch it print.

Technician
    There's a webcam to go in the box so I can monitor it remotely (and one of my friends has promised he can sort a web feed for you peeps), when I get hold of some laser protection acrylic then I'm planning on routing out a window into the door....or if it's cheap enough then I'll replace the whole back with a massive sheet

Thanks for the update!

Pete,

Thank you for that update, keeps me very happy and excited to see the progress.

Was moving the mirrors done through Blender, or was it done through some sort of calibration program?

I am just so amazed at how this thing operates. Can't wait to get mine! After beta anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There's a webcam to go in the box so I can monitor it remotely (and one of my friends has promised he can sort a web feed for you peeps), when I get hold of some laser protection acrylic then I'm planning on routing out a window into the door....or if it's cheap enough then I'll replace the whole back with a massive sheet
    I saw the webcam in your first post (Logitech C920) they don't do so well in low light situations, how do you plan to compensate?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDan View Post
    Was moving the mirrors done through Blender, or was it done through some sort of calibration program?
    Calibration program. For the moment the peachy tool chain is not run through blender, they are working on that and I should expect that will still constitute the main mode of operation by the time users get devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztecphoenix View Post
    I saw the webcam in your first post (Logitech C920) they don't do so well in low light situations, how do you plan to compensate?
    Oooo close, but I'm much more of a cheapskate in this area, it's a c270 (but respect none the less).

I have somewhat of an LED fettish, I go from uW (I have one in an acrylic block I made, I'm aiming for 15 years!) to 100W (Ouch!). I'll sort something in this area I suspect :-)

Staff Engineer
    The mirror video is strangely mesmerizing.

This is definitely turning out to be a solid example of how to build a Peachy right.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast