Close

Student

New to printing and need some info

hello all,
    So as it says in the title im completely new to 3D printing. i have a few simple custom "maker coins" that i have been toying with and printing on my Prusia i3 mk2 S, and im running into a few problems that i was hoping to get some help with. First and foremost since im still working with the sample PLA that was sent with the printer i keep having problems with the print staying stuck to the print surface. i have had several instances of these coins curling up at the edges or coming off completely and just sliding around the print surface. this issue is only compounded when i attempt to print more than one of these coins at a time. I would greatly appreciate any and all tips and tricks to get the prints to adhere better. I would also like any information i can get on printing with Delrin material, i believe it is called, from what i have read it seems like a very high quality material that i would love to use for making products like deck boxes or miniatures for the players that frequent the store i work at. Id also like to work on printing prop replica items to wear to and or sell at conventions. i know its a lot to ask in one post but any and all information would be appreciated. i may not be on here as often as i would like so feel free to message me directly, if you reach out to me on skype please let me know where you found my contact info or i will block you as spam. thank you so much everyone.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well first you need to give us some info.

What slicer are you using ?
    What surface are you printing on ?
    What speed and temperature are you printing at ?
    And one of the most important things - what speed are you printing your first layer at ?

Student
    the provided Prusa Slic3r software
    the standard surface that comes with a Prusa i3 mk2 S, i actually dont know what its called because its a thick layer of something that prusa puts on their headed metal print bed.
    speed is set to basic 100 on the system, as for like unit's/second i have no clue. i dont even know where to look for that. temp is 215 at nozzle and 55 on the bed
    again i have no clue how to get this info. i litterally started doing this in the past month because it was an amazing looking hobby and becaue id like to be able to make stuff for players at the shop i work at.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Are you cleaning the build plate between attempts at printing? You might try adjusting the plate closer to the nozzle as well to get the better squish and stick.
    i have been keeping up with the cleaning between attempts, but the plate is fixed. id have to adjust the nozzle closer to the plate and while this system does have a live adjust Z system im not sure i can get the nozzle much closer to the plate without it starting to scrape the plate itself. i have done everything that is talked about in the prusa tutorials online so im wondering if there is something im missing. maybe something to do with the type of pla i have or instead of pla would a different material have better surface adhesion?