Close

Turntable scan, flipping object, never aligns

Hello, first time poster:

I have a small object 2x3x1 inches. The object is not symmetrical at all. When I do a turntable scan (20 steps - just for kicks) everything looks great. I then flip the object over to get data on the unprocessed underside of the object with an additional scan. Another great scan occurs, but every single time I try to merge the two scans (just pressing the green checkmark) I get a flipped (180 degrees) version of my object superimposed on my original. I would think that there is definitely enough data to align the two no problem, but it just doesn't. I can manually align, but I hate doing that because I feel like it doesn't turn out as well. If I were to just rotate the object, and not flip it, for additional scans, it works as it should.

I could of sworn I read somebody else having this issue, but I can't remember what their work around was. Any tips?

Thanks a ton!

Dr Fill

Technologist
    Have you tried manual alignment ?

Student
    Follow Jasink On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFill View Post
    Hello, first time poster:I have a small object 2x3x1 inches. The object is not symmetrical at all. When I do a turntable scan (20 steps - just for kicks) everything looks great. I then flip the object over to get data on the unprocessed underside of the object with an additional scan. Another great scan occurs, but every single time I try to merge the two scans (just pressing the green checkmark) I get a flipped (180 degrees) version of my object superimposed on my original. I would think that there is definitely enough data to align the two no problem, but it just doesn't. I can manually align, but I hate doing that because I feel like it doesn't turn out as well. If I were to just rotate the object, and not flip it, for additional scans, it works as it should. I could of sworn I read somebody else having this issue, but I can't remember what their work around was. Any tips?Thanks a ton!Dr Fill
    Similar problem, would be glad to know the solution

Student
    Have you tried to scan with the maximum of steps (36)? And did you tried with manual brightness settings or HDR?

Student
    Follow Jasink On Twitter
    which printer model are you using?