Close

SLA Clear Resin

I have been using Formlabs' printers for the last 5 years. I have 2 Form 2 printers and 1 Form 1+ printers, and because of that my workshop consumes a lot of resins every month. I always wonder if there is any reliable UV resin alternatives. I have tried out other brands but their performance is not very stable, difficult to use, and some of them damages my resin tanks and even the printers.
    Last edited by 3DprintingGeek; 09-20-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Sounds interesting, but your link resolves to a "creative" agency in Amsterdam - care to try again?

Staff Engineer
    The link is working now. But how can you advertise it as compatible with the Form2, when that printer requires cartridges with chips in them to operate as it should? As far as I can tell, you only plan to offer the material in bulk. The Form 1 and 1+ can use resin like that, but if you do it with the Form2, you need to switch it into "open mode", which disables some of the functions of the printer, like the wiper:

"Touchscreen: Open Mode is enabled. Other vendor materials can now be used to print, by manually pouring resin into the resin tray. The resin cartridge system, the heating system and the wiper will be disabled in this mode and printing quality will be degraded."

https://support.formlabs.com/hc/en-u...s/115000011690

Staff Engineer
    Don't bother ordering samples from FormOpen - they say they've run out.

FormLabs Compatible Resins at Fraction of the Cost

We are ApplyLabWork and have been working diligently to develop FormLabs compatible resins. All our products have been tested extensively on FormLabs printers (Form1+, Form2) and the results are amazing and solved the problems of damaged VAT, post-cure cracks, failed prints, etc… that often occur in 3rd party resin. Since we are manufacturer direct, you will be very impressed with our prices too.Our Modeling Resin, comparable to FormLabs Standard Resin, is US$60/liter and FREE SHIPPING to the 48 continental states!

Please check out our great reviews in FormLabs forum as well as our reviews in 3DHubshttps://www.3dhubs.com/talk/thread/q...reak-your-bank

Our newest press release was just published at 3DPrint https://3dprint.com/189647/applylabw...ting-resins-2/
    Please visit ApplyLabWork website for more product details. www.applylabwork.com

Staff Engineer
    Can we get free samples of this stuff, if we pay for shipping?

We do not provide free samples as all our resins come in 1 LITER bottle.

We provide sample prints though, so you can see the details and feel the material. Just go to our website and send us an email and leave us your mailing address.

Thank you for your interest.