Close

Smile How bad is a cheap 3D printer?

Before buying a cheap 3d printer always ask yourself these questions!

1: What type of support are you getting?

2: Does it come with a warranty?

3: Ask to view Sample Prints, Print Quality, and Capabilities

4: look at Specs, Construction,

5: build size ( most cheap printers have a small print volume does this suit what you will be using it for?

The trouble is that people who don’t understand all of the common problems most cheap printers have, think that price point for a decent machine is too high, but for small production runs, there really isn’t any comparison.I hope that as the consumer market matures, customers will look to higher quality machines that may be a little more expensive, but will save them huge amounts of time and stress.

For more head over to check out: Buying Guide for Desktop 3D Printer

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Yes, most important is to figure out who engineered the machines - did they use proven firmware, the right combination of electronics, is the assembly mechanically robust against various influences etc. It is important to go in-depth through past user reviews. In my experience the only valuable very low-budget printers are the Wanhao duplicator i3 and Velleman K8200.