Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anet a8 Def error ohm reading

Hi!

I just finished building my Anet A8 printer. The first print worked fine, I set it to "cooldown", then unplugged it after a few mins. Now, a few hours later, it will no longer print. Both temps say "def".

I have:
    Soldered the heatbed wires on the heatbed
    Re-soldered the thermistor on the heatbed

The ohms are as follows: Extruder; 110-120k ohm
    Heatbed: 55-59k ohm
    (unconnected)

When the heatbed is connected to the mobo, it measures 5.7k ohm. The extruder measures 16-17ohm when connected.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Just did some more troubleshooting...

Soo, new firmware. Now it shows: 364C extruder, 36C heatbed. The heatbed is a bit too high, but it responds to heat (goes upp to 43C when I hold the thermistor). When I plug the extruder thermistor into the heatbed socket, it shows 24C, and goes upp to 34C when I hold it. Now, to the odd part, the extruder always shows 364C, no matter if it is plugged in or not.

Could that help?

Reflow done. Now extruder says 295C. Maybe less shorting, or something like that? Ill try another reflow now.

Also, "long" beep when I put the multimeter on both pins on E_T; but not on the others.

Seems like its C47 that is broken, from what I can tell. I assume that is a capacitor? Can I switch it for any capacitor, or do I need a specific one?

I went ahead and bypassed it. Started upp, but now both extruder and heatbed are showing wrong temps.

Ok, so random capacitor did the trick. However, now the heatbed is showing wrong temp, but the extruder is working.

Probably did mess the heatbed capacitor upp, hehe. Going to try another reflow on it, if that doesnt work; new capacitor (ill use the same one that I put on the extruder, it seems to work well)

I dont know how, but new capacitor did the trick. Both temps now working!

THanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast