Close

anycubic i3 mega - hanging / air prints issue

hello, i am pretty new to 3d printing and i wonder what i am doing wrong.

see: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i1xylt9yr...33.16.jpg?dl=0

i printed this darth vader laying on the back where the strings hanging down and i printed it on a anycubic i3 mega with:
    material: PLA
    nozzle temp: 215°C
    fan: 100%
    speed: 100mm/s
    support: lines from table
    thickness: 0,15

any other informations required?

what would you recommend to change to get better results?

well i used support but it was just like 3mm support on the vertical, i guess thats because of the 88° setting then but anyway shouldnt it be able to print straight in the air aswell?

yes cura but since the support is just needed from the table thats not quite the deal. the degree are tho. but i think it should also work out without support according to videos on youtube but there is no further description. i just see its possible

i would have but the description link is broke =X

as said, link to description (on thingiverse) is broke and changing support settings only dont make much of a difference. i am not talking about this vader tryout in certain, it was rather a general question and the vader was the example.

no offense but you are really not much of a help, atleast not more than i could figure out myself ;-)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    i am not talking about this vader tryout in certain, it was rather a general question and the vader was the example.

no offense but you are really not much of a help, at least not more than i could figure out myself ;-)
    How do you expect people to help you if you don't ask the question you actually want the answer to ?

Basically you did not have enough support.
    Me I don't like support so I'd have printed it on it's head. Drop it about 0.3mm below the print bed and you'd have a nice flat spot on top of his helmet to print from.

To get better results you need to slow down your print speed - a lot !
    i3's are cheap and do good prints - but they do not work fast.
    try printing at 40-50mm/s. Also increase your retraction settings, both speed and length.

Drop your print temp to about 200.

link to the file on thingiverse would also help. Just because you can't get the instructions does not mean someone else can't.

check the percentage size - sometimes s3d changes that to 2238 (ish) instead of 100 - no idea why.

Only similar looking bust I could find was in 9 pieces.
    Since you already have the link - what's wrong with posting it ?

well that was actually the help i was lookin for. thank you curious aardvark!

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    How do you expect people to help you if you don't ask the question you actually want the answer to ?

Basically you did not have enough support.
    Me I don't like support so I'd have printed it on it's head. Drop it about 0.3mm below the print bed and you'd have a nice flat spot on top of his helmet to print from.

To get better results you need to slow down your print speed - a lot !
    i3's are cheap and do good prints - but they do not work fast.
    try printing at 40-50mm/s. Also increase your retraction settings, both speed and length.

Drop your print temp to about 200.

link to the file on thingiverse would also help. Just because you can't get the instructions does not mean someone else can't.

54 mades !
    definitely looks like printing head dwon is the way to go.

I will have a play.