Close

Best prices for Stepper Motors?

Can anyone give me a place to purchase Stepper Motors online? I want the best price, but I also want something that is high quality and won't burn out on me after a few months. I've tried google, but I can't seem to find anything that doesn't seem like a scam or something that is from china. Where do you guys usually get your Steppers from?

Ah... Have you tried eBay? There are all kinds and flavors of stepper motors there and at reasonable prices too.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I buy mine from the manufacturer of my printer, Makerbot.

They're about $30 but in two years I've only had to make one replacement and that was caused by error on the part of the person who worked the machine before me not greasing the track properly.

Slightly bias at the moment, so that's my disclaimer.

Creative Shift Workshop has an assortment of items and motors. Been using them for over a year now, year and half almost and I haven't had any issues with my Delta of Prusa.

I hate trying to assist people with questions like this when they haven't indicated where they come from. It is not the cost of the steppers themselves, it is the delivery cost, and that affects the deal you get.

Since steppers are mostly made in China now, that is what you are going to buy. See what suppliers there are in your own local area and check their prices.

My suggestion is to see if you can see the model number of the stepper, then do a Google search to get the details.

Old Man Emu