Close

Administrator

Maker 3D Prints One-Handed Nintendo Switch Controller

By using 3D printing technology, physicians have the ability to make 3D printed prosthetic devices specifically to help people complete tasks, like throwing a baseball or playing video games. But as we all know, prosthetic devices can be expensive, and despite best efforts, not everyone is always able to afford one. This is where the creativity of makers, combined with 3D technology, can really shine - helping the disabled by creating objects, devices, and adapters for people's issues that are too specific or expensive to be fixed by conventional solutions. Mechatronics engineer Julio Vazquez, known on Thingiverse as Vexelius, recently used 3D printing to create Joy-Con adapters for the Nintendo Switch gaming system that allows disabled gamers to play using just one hand. He didn't invent the adapters for himself, but actually developed them for a friend who still wanted to enjoy "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild" video game after an unfortunate accident. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/185519/3d-print-n...witch-adapter/

Quote Originally Posted by WalterVAllen View Post
    That's strange. Why didn't anyone say that it's awesome? Thank you for sharing, OP.
    And thank you for bumping it The very idea really is perfect. Too bad not anyone has the ability to play different cool video games. I can't imagine my life without Overwatch, for example. If I had only one hand, it would be bad for me. Not so long ago I've ordered Overwatch boost cheap price of which made me happy. Now I have one of the coolest characters on the server. And it didn't cost me too much, as I've mentioned earlier. I love Overwatch and that's why I did it.
    Last edited by VoodooBoy; 06-25-2020 at 01:50 AM.