Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Administrator
    Follow SarahA On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Thank you Sarah, the 3Dprinting files were uploaded to Thingiverse in March 2014, here's the link: Nomad, an FPV/UAV 3D printed airplane
    There was also a thread in the RCGroups forums about the drone and the changes I made to the design over six months until the first flight: Nomad, a 3D printed, open source FPV/UAV plane
    And of course the thread about it right here in the 3Dprintboard forum:Fully printed UAV/FPV plane
    The USMC recognizes there was a mistake in failing to give proper credit for the design and offered me to include me in future media releases and to be part of any further developments of the drone.
    I've amended our article to include mention of the design credit, including links to the Thingiverse design and to both discussion threads. This update is live now -- and we'll be sure that any future coverage of this project credits your original Nomad design!

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahA View Post
    I've amended our article to include mention of the design credit, including links to the Thingiverse design and to both discussion threads. This update is live now -- and we'll be sure that any future coverage of this project credits your original Nomad design!
    Thank you Sarah, very appreciated.

Engineer-in-Training
    LOL, if you really believe they're spending $35k for a silly RC airplane than your gullible. The military routinely inflates the price of some projects to cover up spending on top-secret projects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12