Close

I need a little gcode help for a start routine

So I just got my printer a few days ago(Creality Ender-2) and I need to adjust the z offset of the start routine. My first layer has some gaps, but all others are perfectly fine. There is a commented line in there that says something like "Move bed position down 15mm". Can I change the value from Z15 to something like Z14.5 to have the print head be 0.5mm closer to the bed at the first layer?

I searched over gcode command lists and its all quite confusing to me since a few of the commands seem to do similar things just not sure which ones I need.

On a side note my machine can do Z Offset through the control board, however I cannot specify negative Z values so that doesn't help me does it?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Irkie500 View Post
    I need to adjust the z offset of the start routine. My first layer has some gaps, but all others are perfectly fine.
    You can use G92 to set the current coordinate values. For example... After the machine goes to Z=15.0mm you could do a G92 Z15.25 to move the nozzle closer to the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You can use G92 to set the current coordinate values. For example... After the machine goes to Z=15.0mm you could do a G92 Z15.25 to move the nozzle closer to the bed.
    Thank you! thats exactly what I was looking for. I tried every variation of Z Offset setting in google to try and find something and came up dry.

When I get home I will copy and paste my current start sequence just to make sure I have this correct.