Hey Guys and Girls,

I've been wanting to get into 3D Printing since they debuted but I couldn't justify spending absurd amounts of money on a machine at that specific time. However, now that my life has changed, I'm looking to pick one up. I've got a few projects in mind that I want to try a 3D Printer out with.

I'm an avid computer geek, I custom build gaming machines, and I'm one of those gents who has a custom built network, storage servers, and ESXi Servers (Virtualization software by VMWare). Anyways, I've recently embarked on a task of taking Storage JBOD Backplanes (BPN-SAS2-846EL2), and mounting them in a desktop tower (Using NZXT H440). If you look at the case, you'll notice that there isn't a whole lot of space. I'm going to gut this system completly, and custom build the inside. I've been thinking that a 3D Printer would be JUST the thing I need. Here's where I need some help.

1. What printer to buy?!
2. Something that can print (17cm Tall, 10.5cm Wide(up to 45cm), and 18cm (25 or so including the backplane)).
3. Something that can withstand constant temperatures of 70c.
4. Something that will last through abuse.
5. Something that will give me the ability to print to a size of .5mm within some degree.
6. Price range less than $1,000. If I can't get it below $1,000, then $1500 would be my maximum range.
I need to leave 2 - 5mm of space between each HDD to allow airflow.

If my project turns out well, I plan on selling these cases for a few hundred a piece, minus backplanes (Mine cost about $900 brand new).

I don't care if the software runs on Windows or Linux, I run both in my environment. Most of what I'll be building won't be complex shapes. I've looked into building this with metal, however I live in an apartment complex, and my landlord would lose their minds if I brought a tig welder into my apartment. They've let me get away with a lot of things, but i think that would push it over the limit, haha. Someone suggested this printer, da Vinci 1.0

Cheers,
BinaryData