Close

FLX.ARM.S16 - Really Interesting 3D Printing

This is a very interesting new robotic arm that is coming out. It's form a company called Flux Integration, and is called the FLX.ARM.S16. It is a robotic arm, and it can do many things including 3D printing. It is currently available for pre-order for $1995, and will ship sometime in September of this year.

Other applications for it other than 3D printing are
    - PICK AND PLACE
    - DISPENSING
    - LIGHT-DUTY MILLING
    - MACHINE TOOL ASSISTANT
    - PROBING

Here is an example of this thing 3D printing

The collaborative nature of a robotic arm is what differentiates it from all other machine platforms. Collaboration enables a robotic arm to change tools and load parts on a CNC mill or lathe and provides scalability with 3D printing, pick and place, and assembly operations. The FLX.ARM.S16 is both modular and collaborative
    This sounds too good to be true to me. Isn't $1995 a totally incredible price for something like this? Am I missing something?

it's not exactly clear but I think you'll need to provide your own z-stage or buy it separately. the pick&place vid demonstrates nicer speed. the 3d printing demo vid doesn't go very far... for 2000, you can buy pretty nice parts for a traditional reprap. (also, i think the 3d print toolhead is extra).