Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Student

Hictop 3DP-12 starts print in midair

Hi all, I've spent about 3 very interesting hours browsing the boards hoping for an answer to my problem.
    I have just upgraded to Marlin 1.1.4, put all my machine's peculiarities in the right places - I thought - went to the printer, auto-homed OK, great let's test print a Benchy.
    Press the print button, printer heats up OK, does it's little homing dance and starts to print about 3 centimeters above the bed. Of course I go straight to the config.h file, that looks OK, next option 3dprintboard.
    There seem to be one or two people who have had a similar problem over the years, but there hasn't been much in the way of help posted so either they threw their printer out of the window or they solved it and didn't tell anyone.
    Anyway I'm hoping someone who has solved this problem or has some idea why it happens can help me. I can post a copy of my config.h and any other info wanted, if necessary.
    By the way, for anyone starting down the Marlin Firmware upgrade route, I can thoroughly recommend the marlin-conf editor ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2403436), it makes things much easier to see and understand.
    Hictop 3DP-12 (Prusa i3 clone); Marlin 1.1.4;

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have 2 Hictops Aluminum 3D Printers and have tried to compile Marlin 1.1.4 without any success.

I have been running Marlin-1.1.0-RC8BF-HICi3 on both of my Hictop 3D Printers.

You can download it here maybe something in the code will help you to get yours to work.

I would like a help if I had a version of Marlin 1.1.4 that will compile without errors and your Configuration.h file two minds are better than one they say.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-19-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Student
    Thanks for the quick reply, you're right two heads are better than one. That being so I have downloaded the RC8BF-HICi3 file and I am just printing out the config.h file to make it easier to read. I have also uploaded my 1.1.4 config.h file to Google Drive, this is the link - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...28?usp=sharing . I have put it in .txt format, but I'm using Linux Mint so I'm not sure if you can open it successfully. If you have trouble my email is dave.far.lavorare@gmail.com email me and I can send it as an attachment.

By the way, did you look at the Marlin configurator I linked to in my post, you open it in an empty folder and it downloads the latest Marlin open for you to edit, then compiles and flashes your printer. It's what I used to edit my config.h, see what you think.
    Last edited by 3Dave; 08-20-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dave View Post
    By the way, did you look at the Marlin configurator I linked to in my post, you open it in an empty folder and it downloads the latest Marlin open for you to edit, then compiles and flashes your printer. It's what I used to edit my config.h, see what you think.
    I have never seen the marlin-conf editor. I have looked for but have, only found this Prusa Calculator. I will be sure to give it a try.

Student
    Yes I've seen that, I found configurator on Thingyverse. Anything which makes configuring a printer easier has got to be worth a look, eh!

If this is a Hictop 3DP12 this line should be

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 80, 80, 2560, 94.4962144}
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-22-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Student
    I think I've found the root of my problem, I sent M501 to the printer. The settings I got back don't seem to have any relation to my config.h but the interesting thing is the last two lines:- 18:15:23.659 : echo:Z-Probe Offset (mm):
    18:15:23.660 : echo: M851 Z3.90. And there's my Z discrepancy. Now I just have to figure how to clear the printer and re-flash my config.h ( after I've re-edited it of course!).

So you want to do

// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
    // M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
    // M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings". You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
    //define this to enable EEPROM support
    #define EEPROM_SETTINGS

You will need to enable the Above line in you firmware

Finally found it here you can also take a look maybe more information not in the other one.

Marlin-1.1.0-RC6 Hic

This gives Three Hictop compatible Marlins that compile With out errors on Auduino 1.8.3
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-20-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Hello 3Dave

Post Printer Image Here, Let's get this 3D Printer Working for you.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 08-22-2017 at 05:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast