Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar

TCT 2017 Birmingham NEC 26-28 september

Going to sticky this till after the show.
    Anyone going ?
    Anyone having a stand ?

I'll be wandering around as usual - very hard to miss - big ginger beard and A Curious Aardvark, 3dprintboard.com T-shirt :-)

Seems like every year, more people point at the t-shirt with dawning horror and turn and hurry away in the opposite direction ;-)

Not sure what day we're going yet. but probably 26th or 27th.

Anyone wants to meet up for a chat, let me know beforehand and we can arrange something.
    Or just spot me on the day, point and shout: 'that's him - don't let him get away !'
    Whatever works ;-)

Other than that, if you're in the uk and Not going - why the hell not ?
    Tct is an awesome show - every single aspect of 3d printing is covered: from self build reprap, on up to machines worth millions of pounds.
    More filament suppliers and types than you can shake a 3d printed stick at. A whole section for new technologies and startups - always a favourite of mine.

Entry is free - easy to just turn up on the day and get your badge printed. Or sign up beforehand and get a registration code.

One thing about most of the 3d printing world, is that the vast majority of companies are still fairly small. So generally when you chat to someone manning/womaning a stall - it's the company ceo/chief researcher/engineer etc.
    Not just some rube hired to man a stall at a show with no knowlege of why they're there or what they are supposed to be selling.
    Last year there weren't many booth bunnies (sexist term, I know - but these days they do come in both sexes) a few of the larger companies have them. But for the most part you're actually interacting with the company founders and actual staff.

One thing I will say - bring a backpack of some kind - you'll need serious luggage for all the filament samples :-)
    Well you will if you're a scrounging git, like me :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-15-2017 at 08:05 AM.