Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bumping with a question that I didn't get answered:
    Which one is better, Trinus or Prusa MK3? In terms of printing quality, and features (easy to use ect).

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    both in different categories.
    Trinus has very small print area, but interchangeable tool heads and industrial components.
    prusa has much larger print area and is a dedicated 3d printer.

So as you didn't mention needing a laser engraver or milling head - the prusa is probably better for you :-)

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    The Trinus looks like a great device,affordable but only for the North American market.
    Snapmaker is a great alternative, a very similar build also with laser and CNC toolheads. They haven't run an official test with flex material yet but I expect this toolhead to do great with that.
    From Prusa machines I have seen nothing but awesome results, especially with Filaflex.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by spegelius View Post
    I can vouch for Prusa MK2 too, bought one 9 months ago and very happy with it. Everything needed to get it printing is included in the kit (even tools), assembly took one evening and print results have been good from the very first print. The auto-calibration even fixes misalignment to certain degree. No need to print parts, unless you want to upgrade. I've done some improvements (Raspi case, Igus bearings, stepper dampeners).
    I own a MK2S along with two other printers, and I would say it has some good points and bad points. On the positives is a big build area, PEI base, pretty easy to maintain, but even some simple things like a light or enclosure are missing. And using flex material I would say its average at best.

The biggest flaw, I think, was that Joseph tried to get "techie" and used a proximity sensor rather than a simple switch. As Joseph learned in the years after, was the proximity sensor works differently at different temps. The MK3 tries to compensate for that by measuring the sensor temp, but it still seems overly complex just to tackle a simple problem. Other problems are no filament sensor until recently. For the price, the Prusa is a good deal but not a great deal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12