Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Student

Happy with your Flashforge?

I'm strongly considering the purchase of a Flashforge 3d printer. I'm wondering if all you people that own one are generally happy with your purchase. Does it works better or the same as a Replicator 2?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I have only owned a Flashforge, so I can't personally say if it's better than a Replicator 2, but for half the price (and the fact it prints ABS ) I went with the flashforge.

Check out my thingiverse gallery, everything in it was printed on a flashforge, and thats about 10% of the things ive printed, it's a sturdy workhorse, well over 1000 hours on my machine.

http://www.thingiverse.com/Geoffro/made

it's hard to say if I'm actually happy with it, I mean I love it and I seem to not go through alot of problems other people do with other machines and my prints seem to turn out better and i'm not doing anything special.
    Last edited by Geoff; 05-01-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Geoff what Z resolution are you normally printing at?

The Flashforge was a clone of a Replicator 1. IMHO, a better machine than the Replicator 2. Better extruder for printing ABS and PLA once it has a few mods. The Flashforge already has the upgraded extruder.

Student
    Got my FF Creator X a few days ago..I like it! Still experimenting..made lots of silly toys & a few nice otherwise unobtainable tools.

It arrived with a spade lug connector completely off the power entry module {DOA} ..fixed/tightened all the 120V connectors..some were loose.

Actually going to re-route the rear power switch to the front with a lighted blue {matching fashion?} power switch, as there is also no manual emergency stop switch & it'd be nice to shut it off quickly without reaching in behind.
    Also ordered an SD card extension (Deal Extreme SKU: 218278 ) to re-route the SD card elsewhere/easy access, as the SD card slot located on the inside of the machine is a real PITA to remove {bad engineering on that one}.

TD
    Last edited by Teledog; 05-01-2014 at 08:24 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Teledog View Post
    Got my FF Creator X a few days ago..I like it! Still experimenting..made lots of silly toys & a few nice otherwise unobtainable tools.

It arrived with a spade lug connector completely off the power entry module {DOA} ..fixed/tightened all the 120V connectors..some were loose.

Actually going to re-route the rear power switch to the front with a lighted blue {matching fashion?} power switch, as there is also no manual emergency stop switch & it'd be nice to shut it off quickly without reaching in behind.
    Also ordered an SD card extension (Deal Extreme SKU: 218278 ) to re-route the SD card elsewhere/easy access, as the SD card slot located on the inside of the machine is a real PITA to remove {bad engineering on that one}.

TD
    That's a good idea actually, there has been quite a few times I needed an emergency cut off - I giant red button would have been ideal - especially when your filament has been jammed on the reel and you never heard it... then when it tightens up so tight it's a total seize up, and you really don't want that

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    The Flashforge was a clone of a Replicator 1. IMHO, a better machine than the Replicator 2. Better extruder for printing ABS and PLA once it has a few mods. The Flashforge already has the upgraded extruder.
    Wow I was unaware of this. Then $1199 for the original Flashforge is a good deal. How about the Creator X. Is that worth the $100 extra?

Student
    Got the X on eBay for $1,100 US (sniped), free shipping & was here in less than a week from China
    Was valued at $100 (oops,.. must have missed a 0) ..therefore not much duty/tax on arrival

Quote Originally Posted by Teledog View Post
    Got the X on eBay for $1,100 US (sniped), free shipping & was here in less than a week from China
    Was valued at $100 (oops,.. must have missed a 0) ..therefore not much duty/tax on arrival
    Well probably missed a 1 as it was 1100? :P

Tbh Chinese like to make the value pretty low, i also had some products from dealextreme and other shops and they all did it lower than it actualy was,
    sometimes 30 dollars for example, they made it 2 dollars and as gift, But ye the nice Belguim customs still give me a fee of 10 euros because they don't seem to believe the Chinese? :P

Anyhow, great deal teledog ^^
    I would only hope that they would make a bigger build volume (flashforge-Wanhao)

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I've been keeping my eye on this one guys, for the price it looks excellent, around AU$2000 after conversion rates, for the quality of materials and build volume this may be my next purchase.

http://www.mankati.com/fullscale-xt.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast