Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    weird mine uses x3g files, not gcode.

Ah, okay mattercontrol automatically converts.

And how do you electronically level a replicator clone ?

Yep they are very quiet machines. Not unusual for me to have to look across at it to check it's still running.

Software leveling is exactly the same as manually leveling. The difference is the software moves the print head to 3 points on the build plate. Each time it starts at 10mm above it, and you click '+' to move it down 1mm at a time until you feel resistance to moving the paper, then click '-' to back off 1mm. Next you click '+' to move it down .1mm at a time until you feel resistance, then click '-' to back off .1mm. Finally you click '+' to move down .01mm until you fell resistance, then click '+' one more time. You do this over the 3 points. It's a lot more accurate than manually leveling.

I'm looking to go with a glass build area, any suggestions?

printbite :-)
    lol
    So is the levelling done from the mattercontrol or the control panel ?

Sounds like best way is to do the manual levelling in the centre of the plate (take a minute or so via the control panel) where the wheels are and the electronic out at the corner edges where any slight 'off-level' effect is greatest.

Actually on the knp I'm using the plastic stick on sheet that came with it and pva glue. But then it's primarily used for flexible stuff. Interesting to try this software based levelling though.

It's done from mattercontrol on your PC.

Thanks for the updates lordkhomar. I should have one on the way soon, so I will be using the experiences you post here as my guide.

I tried leveling with the knobs, wasn't fun. They aren't 'fine' enough for me. Software leveling worked like a charm though. On another note, I tried printing with some PVA for support and the output from the left extruder was about 2 inches too far to the left. I'll need to go over the profile when I get a chance tonight to see where I can adjust that.

sounds like the software isn't applying the nozzle offset.

And yep - because of where the levelling knobs are and how close together - it's bloody difficult to get the edges of the plate level. One reason i tend to fine tune while it's printing.

Question...Klic-n-print or Qidi X-one? Looking for a first printer and these 2 seem somewhat comparable. This thread speaks well of the Klic-n-print, but $145 shipping makes it not quite such a great deal. Qidi x-one on Amazon, free shipping at $399. Hmmm, suggestions?

Thanks for the reply number40Fan, much appreciated.

So, I got mine in. Did I get a used one? There's a print started on the bed and it looks like there's a piece of adhesive that is smaller than the Kapton tape covering the whole print bed. The extruder was also out of the box and just rolling around the box. Going to get in touch with customer service tomorrow, but just wondering what other people's experience was.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast