Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    as a general rule - the sd cards that come with cheap 3d printers are pure crap.
    given that 4gb sd cards are around ?3-4
    just buy a decent one and use that.

I'm still using the cards that came with my flashforge creator (6 years ago) and the one that came with my monoprice mini delta.
    But the one that came with my he3d k200 was just dross. The fake sticker fell off immediately and the card was corrupt from the start.

I just use 4gb micro cards with adaptors. Covers you for all options that way.
    I do have a wireless 32gb card I use in my k-n-p rep clone. But that's simply because I never got the wifi working on it and it was around when I needed a full size sd card :-)

What i would recommend if you have to use a micro sdcard is to get one of these:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Winwill%C2%...+to+sd+adaptor
    saves mucking about with the teeny micro cards.

Lost count of the number I'e had to rescue from people various devices. Just so easy to lose/drop/shove in wrong slot etc.

I don't know what my micro-card is but it came with the machine (CR-10) and has been working fine for not quite a year, and even though it gets a lot of use I really don't expect it to give me problems at this stage. I don't mind working with these small cards though.
    I also don't like to keep the card full with things made and only keep repeatable on it, in their own folder. Everything else goes onto the computer in a Printed folder.
    It's more a management thing than a problem with cards really.

I think the problem the OP had was with operation rather than a dodgy card. I was there myself

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never though to put folders on the cards.
    have to try that :-)
    I just wipe the card when it gets too much of a chore scrolling through old stuff to the latest file.

My card had language folders on it, which gave me the idea to try it. Works great for me. The CR-10 scrolling is a bit clunky when there's a lot on the card, but more especially to have 'print when not printing something' type stuff on it. My memory is a bit clunky too lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12