Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creality CR 10. print from SD Card or?

I havnt been able to get a print started. The machine only seems to have an ability to print from an SD Card. Even though a USB Cable was provided and has a port on the control box.

I downloaded a simple model from thingiverse to run as a test. Sliced it with Cura. Saved the g-code file to the SD. Inserted the SD to the control box, navigated to "print from SD".... but I don't really get past this. The options are refresh and something else i can't remember. But neither do much.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    3D Printer SD Cards are formatted in Fat, so what size is your SD card.

Your 3D Printer may not recognize the SD Card if it is too large

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or if the card came with the printer it just might be faulty.

Best sizes for 3d printers are 4-8 gb sd cards.
    They're dirt cheap and will hold hundreds of prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen2two View Post
    I havnt been able to get a print started. The machine only seems to have an ability to print from an SD Card. Even though a USB Cable was provided and has a port on the control box.
    If you need help setting up Cura simply ask

Posting a picture of the error you get. will help you solve your problem.

Hi I just bought a CR-10S and the SD Card does not work - files are corrupted - so i cannot install drivers for my windows 10 - can anyone help me with the following:

1. i installed Cura 15.x but it does not see the printer - what am i doing wrong?

2. also it would appear that the CD Card reader on the control box can only see GCODE, isnt the CR-10S supposed to support STL files also?

many thanks in advance - Martureo

Hictop CR-10S prints GCODE though you can add a Pi Computer an OctoPrint that has the ability to slice the STL.

Was reading that Windows 10 has some problems with Cura/Python. I will be updating windows 10 this weekend. I Only have Windows 10 on spare backup drives.
    I Operate with Win 7 Pro 64bit. I Keep the Updates current on window 10 spare drives just in case am forced to upgrade.

So When I am Doing Windows 10 Updates will Test the 3D Printer Software to see where I stand myself. and will post the results.

The downloads are located on Hictop Web page. However is seems to be down and no one is available to repair it during the Chinese New Year.

After Installing Cura 15.04.6 you should Click on Machine and setup the Serial Port and Baud rate to be able to access you 3D Printer.
    And Cura is located here

Max capacity for microSD card

Does anyone know what the maximum capacity is for a microSD card that my Ender 3 Pro will actually see and read from?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rhadkins2002 View Post
    Does anyone know what the maximum capacity is for a microSD card that my Ender 3 Pro will actually see and read from?

Thanks.
    Format SD in Fat16, SD Card should be 2GB as max card size. 4GB for some firmware for a 16bit computer/controller.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 12-07-2018 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sen2two View Post
    ............. Inserted the SD to the control box, navigated to "print from SD".... but I don't really get past this. The options are refresh and something else i can't remember. But neither do much.
    I can't get the proper wording from machine atm, it's printing... but when you put in the SD card, click print from SD Card and you get either 'Refresh' or 'Init SD card' select it. Now go to 'Print from SD' and it'll show you the files.
    Works that way for me

Just noticed the date... hope you got it going LOL
    Last edited by aprilla; 12-12-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast