Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    This is awesome, direct pellets into the machine is a great idea.

Is there a possibility of printing at a higher resolution at that speed? 2mm is great for the large objects, what is the lowest you have tried?

I have done a range of 200mm diameter, 25mm heigh test pieces at differant layer heights and speeds, and have stopped with the current settings..... One must stop someware!, but I would like to play more with thin and fast layers. My extruder is running at 350 gram per hour, constant.

Also, going fast with this size of machine, is not so good...... It shakes a lot then....

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    ;-) I dont !
    I have got a fixed speed 220v AC motor, linked via a reduction gearbox, to the extruder.
    I control the speed of the nozzle, and the layer thickness, to suit the extrution rate.
    At the moment 700 mm/min with a 2mm layer height seems to work nice.
    Hans
    (A variable speed drive for the motor is on my wishing list!)
    Nice thinking, thats not fast do, but you make up more than enough by the amount of plastic coming out! You can have a nice new pair of slippers in less than a hour ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by Egon van Engelen View Post
    Nice thinking, thats not fast do, but you make up more than enough by the amount of plastic coming out! You can have a nice new pair of slippers in less than a hour ;o)
    Yes.... ;-)
    https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...91442737_n.jpg

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Looks like Hans is at it again, this time with his 3D printed lawn mower! Read and see more at: http://3dprint.com/34873/3d-printed-lawn-mower/

Good to finally see Hans getting more press. Kickstarters throw bags of money at three year old regurgitated tech or thinly disguised bulk purchases of off the shelf Chinese printers- this guy is actually doing something new and useful. It's not pretty, but it's the most useful direction I've seen plastic 3D printers take in ages. I'd love to seem him sell an extruder kit.

Hi Hans,
    How is the cement printing coming along?
    Corrie

Staff Engineer
    Wow, that takes "ugly but functional" to a whole new level.
    I actually really like it.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Finally someone with a decent sized nozzle - nice job Hans :-)

There's just no reason a large item with no fine detail should have to be printed with a sub mm nozzle.

Want it smooth ? sand and paint the bugger :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-05-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast