I'm a kickstarter backer of the first hour the robox printer was online (don't take that literal)

After a lot of waiting and then another year of waiting until the software, called AutoMaker, matured, horray, I was finally making my first steps into the 3D printing world.

The huge disappointment came 4 months ago.
Read the story ...

After only 500 hours of printing, the needle valve was stuck.
A thing I predicted on the CEL forum, the more parts something has, the more things can go wrong. It all complicates things.
Well, needed to send it back for repair, and after politely asking the unsuspecting client, being me, if I wanted a repair, they did so.
Why would I not want it to be repaired, CEL support asked me to send the part over for repair in the first place.

Well, I got it back after 2 months (!!!)
The print head failed after a few prints, some pre-print checks didn't work.
CEL support, well, just told me: send the printer, we will just replace the guts of your printer to a new update ?
WHAT ?
No thank you, it's just the print head that has something wrong, something you just repaired by the way.

After a lot of arguments and investigation from my part (certainly they were not helpfull there), I found out: the head seal was blown.
O no, that happened a lot, just read the CEL forum about it.
So, support, what now ?
O sorry, poor customer, but did you really expect a 3 year old print head would last for much longer ?
Excuse me, Mr. CEL support, you DID ask me to let you repair a print head that is end of life ?
To me, and end user that has no clue about that ?
No advice given that I should replace the print head ?

Now comes the clue: CEL is out of stock for the last half year or so of fresh print heads.

CEL support taking responsibility for their mistake (repairing a print head that is end of life): well, not in this lifetime it seems.
CEL support reacting when I go to their forum about it: they ban me, left me in the dark why I would be banned, they claimed it was a "mystery".
Now they cut off all connection, I can't even read in the forum anymore, my account is deactivated, can't log in to support, nothing.

This is what CEL is doing to me today.
Contacting someone on CEL ?
I have no idea how i could do that, even their general contact form bounces.
OK, contacting Chris Elsworthy, after all, he's the one running the show, and the only one at CEL I never spoke to in any way.
All great, but I could not find an email address, and I'm not into all this social media madness, you won't find me there.

So, here I am.
"advertising" about CEL.

It would have been so great to tell you all how CEL took responsibility and took great care of one of their original backers of their kickstarter campaign,
certainly after all the mistakes they piled up until today.
It has become a totally different message.

Well, Chris Elsworthy, it would be wonderfull to hear a reaction from you,
one which has a great and fair solution, not one with the boring excuses I get from Pete (who banned my account by the way)