Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In my experience, CEL does not repair or replace damaged o-rings in their print heads because of the cost. At least that is what they have always told me. So I think there must have been some misunderstanding. There are seals on the nozzles that can be repaired, but the o-ring seals can't from what I have heard. So maybe that is part of what happened? Maybe the problem was two different things?
    I am trying to understand what happened because my experience with CEL is so much different than what you are reporting.

I'm glad you admit "I'm trying to understand what happened".

I'm not happy that you blindly defend CEL just because you're a payed contractor in the US.
    There is really a list already of people that are
    1. are happy with your technical input
    2. laughing their ass off when you defend CEL time and again while not knowing all the facts or just make things up as you go

So you point out ANOTHER mistake from support: they forgot to tell me there are more then one seal, and that PERHAPS they opened another seal.
    The seals were not the original problem.

You see, the point remains the same:
    the ASKED a customer with no knowledge if they needed to repair a print head of 3 years old,
    which they state themself is by their definition end of life.
    Did they give me that information ?
    NOPE.

They only asked the money and got paid for a useless repair and gave me back a worthless print head.
    Don't degrade yourself in defending this.

The original repair was a stuck valve - from your original post. I have had several of these repairs performed. The heads have worked fine afterward and to my knowledge don't require changing seals. This repair would have not affected any of the seals on a print head. So you got it back and used it for several prints. Then the o-ring failed. So what is the issue with how you were treated? You paid for them to repair the valve issue. The valve issue would not have affected the seals. So you got what you paid for. Again, there is no indication that the second failure would have occurred in time. I am still trying to understand why you feel you were treated so poorly.

Ben,

I regret so much you play so stupid, because I know you're not.

The mistake is asking a customer without knowledge of the matter if they need to repair an END OF LIFE part.
    This is not ethical behaviour, but plain money grabbing and profiting from the ignorance of a customer.
    You don't do that if you want to build up a long term relationship with a customer.

"Repairing" the print head that is past it's END OF LIFE is the responsibility CEL bears and caused all the problems that came after it.
    Since CEL does not have spare print heads any more, it becomes clear support in this case choose the option where they can make money the fastest way.
    The correct would be: customer, sorry for your print head, but we advice to wait until we have new print heads in stock and buy a new one.

That would have been not so fun news, but perfectly acceptable and honest.
    I would still be without a working printer now, but would not have followed the ill advised actions by support that led only to further problems,
    problems that started because I got an print head back to work with that was END OF LIFE, and that support failed to see the symptoms (or look for it) of a blown seal.
    So in the end mistake was piled upon mistake.

You simply can't defend that without damaging your credibility as an independent contractor.
    But I perfectly understand that you prefer not to bite the hand that feeds you,
    after all as a private contractor working for CEL you must have a considerable income out of it,
    certainly as we all observe in the CEL forum the huge amount of work you spend in playing a huge wall between us and CEL staf.

To be blunt, in half of the cases you give very FAST and good response on the forum, although from time to time you are to mechanical and fail to see when software is a part of the problem.
    In the other half of the cases, you're simply in the way between us and CEL, because in a lot of cases we want explicitly CEL to answer, not you, because as you say,
    you are not there (at CEL HQ), but are "just" an external contractor.

To sum things up and stay at topic:
    support made blunder after blunder in this case, and CEL needs to take responsibility.
    That means repairing potential damage done by following the instructions from support,
    and pay back the ill advised repair of the print head.

The technician who worked on this repair posted his side of the story today. It makes an interesting read, countering his viewpoint with yours. I have to - still - side with the tech on this one after hearing both your stories. Causing damage to the printer and then blaming the manufacturer isn't a really good way to get service exceptions. If CEL decided not to make an exception anyway the damage must have been pretty serious. Their instructions are really quite easy to follow in my experience. Then to make personal attacks and to spam their ticketing system? That is just rude.

While this can be interesting to read, it's a lie I caused damage to the printer.
    I only did what he told me to do, if he says otherwise, he's lying to safe himself from blame.

Also interesting: I can't read what he posted since I'm banned on the forum, yes, also from reading.

So if you choose to call me a liar and you simply believe him because he's a CEL employee, and me not, then we will never get anywhere, isn't it.

My point still stands: i got the wrong advice from CEL which caused a whole chain of events that caused a lot of problems.
    CEL is 100% responsible for that and should resolve these problems.

You Ben, are nor involved in this, nor are you able or appointed judge in this,
    so it's still a puzzle to me why a USA external contractor tries to mingle in this,
    I live in Europe, CEL is based in Europe, remember ?

Are you paid to do this by CEL ?

I receive no compensation for posting on this forum. I am just a curious person who saw that what you were reporting differed from my own experience and so I am trying to understand what happened. I saw your posts linked on the CEL forum and was curious about what would have caused them to reportedly ban you and also what would have caused two customers to have such aggressive responses. CEL has always provided me with excellent service and I am just trying to understand why your experience was so different.
    From what I have read, it appears that your ban was due to your reported behavior toward them. Your behavior toward them was uncalled for, especially as the reported damage was caused through your insistence to attempt to repair the printer yourself after they recommended you return it for repair.

I refuse to use tricks on a website where I'm not welcome, it's like they try to provoke to do something wrong
    Otherwise I would use TOR, easy enough.

regretfully I have to report that CEL did still nothing to resolve the issue,
    nor did anyone of CEL respond here on the forum.

And Ben, who replied here, is not considered as a part of CEL, but more like a blockade between us customers and CEL.

Well, after all this time, still no response from Chris E. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast