Close

Tevo Little Monster or See Me CNC Rostock Max V3?

I am considering purchasing a delta style printer for my second printer and have been looking very closely at the Rostock Max V3 and Tevo Little Monster. My main intent of getting into 3D printing was to learn by doing so my first and current printer is a Prusa I3V from Makerfarm that I assembled a couple of years ago and it's been working flawlessly so I think I'm ready for my next challenge. Delta style printers seem very interesting to me and the next printer I get should continue my education in 3D printing.

The Tevo Little Monster seems rather appealing because it's so new and the large print volume. I also like that it seems very stout. I am not familiar with the company or the firmware it runs (Smoothieware I think?) but I do like the looks of this printer. Thoughts?
    The Rostock Max V3 is just a classic, American Made, solid history, plenty of shared knowledge, and plenty of upgrades as well as just being a solid delta style printer. Humm...

Are there any people out there who have either one of these two great delta printers? I'd like to hear some pros and cons.
    The items I print vary from architectural models to small robotic parts my kids and I assemble so it varies.

Also, another reason I've narrowed it down to these two printers is price. I'd like to be between $800 and $1000 USD for my next printer kit.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to hearing peoples comments.

Kindest regards,
    CreativeMaker

I agree.... the tevo seems very interesting indeed. Unfortunately I am not familiar with the manufacture and it seems as though there is not really a great support network for the printer.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'd like to be between $800 and $1000 USD for my next printer kit.
    for a kit ?!

looking at the two - very little info on either, more on the rostock.
    Can't find filament diameter for either.
    Of the two I'd have to go with the tevo. I like the top mounted motors, power, electronics etc. Looks like a very easy build.
    Plus it's significantly larger print area.
    Tevo have been around for a while, generally have a good rep.
    And it's a beautifulk looking machine, while the rostock looks like bits of it are made of meccano.

looks pretty good. The suspended extruder system is fascinating. Means you can build a machine as large as you like and still use 1.75 filament.
    Much much better review:

Yeah for me this is a complete no brainer. Tevo little monster every time.

Thanks for the links courious ardvark. I'm leaning towards the tevo more and more. I like that it seems to have the "next level" type of design ideas already integrated.