Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    you don't have to set g-code. G-code is the default for all slicers.
    just slice and either save file to sd card - qidi has sd card slot. Or print over usb - I only do that for print times under 30 minutes.

The sd card means you just need a power socket and can take the printer anywhere with files already lodade on the memory card.
    The delta also has a full size sd card slot built into the control panel. A lot of printers seem to have micro sd card slots - and those things are so tiny they often get stuck in the wrong part of the machine :-)

Setup is basically take it out of box. Bolt on extruder, put hat together, attach tubes, plug it in, picka language and follow the on screen instructions.
    The welcome script guides you through: calibrating bed, nozzle calibration, loading filament and other stuff.
    Very friendly and easy to use machines.

First time I fired up my creator I was amazed - it basically talks to you (in text). Loved that :-)

All slicers use g-code. So you're not limited.

italy eh ?
    https://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_no...-keywords=qidi

there ya go.
    Oooh - lot cheaper on ebay: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Stampante-3d-...QAAOSwPK1ZU7Q5

560 !
    Ok perfect then, pretty much what i'm looking for, and the sd card slot sounds very useful, any idea if it has wifi too? Not that's much important in the end i could just try and plug it into the router via usb and see if can print from anywhere in the house, but whatever, even directly connected to the pc will be fine. Anyway i'll stick to amazon probably, since it's amazon, and the one on ebay is used, and the guy selling it has little feedback, i wouldn't risk it.
    Thanks for all the help, from everyone but especially from you, really, as always, anything that comes on your mind guys, just post it, i'm always watching

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    not wifi - BUT !
    you can buy a wifi sd card and use that - I've never managed to get mine to work - but apparently that's down to the early model I bought. Plus all 3 of my printers are within 5 feet of the workshop computer.
    Plenty of people do use a wifi enabled sd card with a 3d printer (actually a super mini linux computer)

Not sure if plugging it into the printer network usb socket on a router will work - 3d printers don't usually identify themselves as plug and play devices to routers.
    But hey, can't hurt to try :-)

Technician
    not wifi - BUT !
    you can buy a wifi sd card and use that - I've never managed to get mine to work - but apparently that's down to the early model I bought. Plus all 3 of my printers are within 5 feet of the workshop computer.
    Plenty of people do use a wifi enabled sd card with a 3d printer (actually a super mini linux computer)
    I'll keep that in mind

Not sure if plugging it into the printer network usb socket on a router will work - 3d printers don't usually identify themselves as plug and play devices to routers.
    But hey, can't hurt to try :-)
    Yeah i was thinking the same

oh yeah we do have a qidi specific section of the forum: http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...-Printer-Forum

Worth a look :-)

Technician
    oh yeah we do have a qidi specific section of the forum: http://3dprintboard.com/forumdisplay...-Printer-Forum

Worth a look :-)
    Perfect thanks!

Oh another thing, i can whatever filament i want right? i'm not restricted with a brand or anything right?

nope, completely open source.

Some very interesting filament coming out of italy at the moment as well.
    There was some at the tct last year that made prints that looked and felt like fibreglass.

Technician
    nope, completely open source.

Some very interesting filament coming out of italy at the moment as well.
    There was some at the tct last year that made prints that looked and felt like fibreglass.
    Alright but the QiDi only supports PLA and ABS so well, it's more than enough for us, but no exotic filaments i guess

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by oxidized View Post
    Thing is, it's not free :/
    FWIW I picked up on that and joined the conversation when you said you tried a GEEETech i3. But I honestly think this forum or at least some here are more motivated in their responses by certain company or companies. I have seen this on many other forums. Why would we go suggesting software that is more money than a person claimed to spend on their printer? Or try to suggest even more expensive printers when a person has claimed to be chasing the cheapest solutions out there? willful ignorance or paid advertising at its finest? you decide. I already know.

Repetier host works flawlessly. It has excellent support and is regularly updated. Why do we not suggest that first? Especially for those who come here bragging about their ebay or other bottom end printers? Repetier should be the first thing we suggest to these people so we look relevant to what the individual is looking for or like we are paying attention to the conversation at hand, no?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    FWIW I picked up on that and joined the conversation when you said you tried a GEEETech i3. But I honestly think this forum or at least some here are more motivated in their responses by certain company or companies. I have seen this on many other forums. Why would we go suggesting software that is more money than a person claimed to spend on their printer? Or try to suggest even more expensive printers when a person has claimed to be chasing the cheapest solutions out there? willful ignorance or paid advertising at its finest? you decide. I already know.

Repetier host works flawlessly. It has excellent support and is regularly updated. Why do we not suggest that first? Especially for those who come here bragging about their ebay or other bottom end printers? Repetier should be the first thing we suggest to these people so we look relevant to what the individual is looking for or like we are paying attention to the conversation at hand, no?
    Doesn't repetier host need some kind of custom firmware in order to work for some printers?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by oxidized View Post
    Doesn't repetier host need some kind of custom firmware in order to work for some printers?
    No sir. No it doesn't.(for gcode) It comes with the latest version of slic3r and it is all you need to load, slice, and print your files. It takes gcode so you can do your pid autotune n stuff. And it has a very nice GUI.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast