Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the qidi piddles on the xyz from a great height.

No clue whether the current ones use g-code or x3g files.
    Flashprint works fine with them - basically an easier to use version of cura.

Checked their website - says g-code - so any slicer will work. :-)

basically it's a replicator dual pro. But upgraded and not using the mightyboard - so no need for x3g conversion :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    the qidi piddles on the xyz from a great height.

No clue whether the current ones use g-code or x3g files.
    Flashprint works fine with them - basically an easier to use version of cura.

Checked their website - says g-code - so any slicer will work. :-)

basically it's a replicator dual pro. But upgraded and not using the mightyboard - so no need for x3g conversion :-)
    Wow, well these 2 got my attention really, let me check what i can find here in europe, also the delta doesn't seem too complicated to build, easier than our old geetech at a first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Download Flashprint and select Creator Pro as your printer. Find a small object for a first test print and see where the Davinci centers it. Have your finger on the reset/off button just in case it tries to jam the head into something. The Davinci does use an SD card, right?
    No sd card, i have a davinci 1.0 Pro, probably older models support the sd card, i'll try using flashprint and do what you say, or better the printer is actually at my friend's atm, so i can only tell him what to do

Thanks guys your help is much much appreciated, anything else it comes on your mind, i'm here reading!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/QIDI-TECHNO...&keywords=qidi

Amazon.co.uk - £585 - pretty much 600 euros.
    The delta you just get from china. reprapmall are the people who make the kit and delivery via dhl is included in the price - I have no idea how they do it, but they do :-)

My advice - get the qidi - save up a bit and then get the delta. Both will do different tasks.
    The delta will print big stuff fast. The qidi can print exotics (read: total bastards to print with) like abs, nylon etc

Which country are you in ?
    Okay 700 euros. but the flashforge creator pro - an identical machine - is 989.

If you could print the extra bits for the delta with the xyz before you sent it back - the delta is worth getting.

Amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_no...-keywords=qidi
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-04-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    Never mind. Without an SD card, you're screwed.
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/QIDI-TECHNO...&keywords=qidi

Amazon.co.uk - £585 - pretty much 600 euros.
    The delta you just get from china. reprapmall are the people who make the kit and delivery via dhl is included in the price - I have no idea how they do it, but they do :-)

My advice - get the qidi - save up a bit and then get the delta. Both will do different tasks.
    The delta will print big stuff fast. The qidi can print exotics (read: total bastards to print with) like abs, nylon etc

Which country are you in ?

Amazon.de: https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_no...-keywords=qidi
    good advice, anyway i'm from Italy, they both look pretty interesting really.

Engineer
    Get the QiDi

Technician
    If we manage to get the refund for the davinci pro i'll surely try to get the qidi, anyway what slicer with the qidi? Always flashprint? Is g-code hard to set? I'm pretty sure even the davinci pro has it, but some slicers wouldn't recognize the printer, included cura

Engineer
    Simplify 3D is excellent, and is rumored to have an update due out soon.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Simplify 3D is excellent, and is rumored to have an update due out soon.
    Thing is, it's not free :/

Technician
    Also another thing i want to know is, ease of first set up of the QiDi, for example, the davinci 1.0 pro, took some time to figure we had to adjust those 2 guides at the sides, and we spent quite some time figuring how to open it, and with the calibration, also, we no idea how to set G-code, unless flashprint is all we need and it understands the QiDi's language with no need of g-code.

you don't have to set g-code. G-code is the default for all slicers.
    just slice and either save file to sd card - qidi has sd card slot. Or print over usb - I only do that for print times under 30 minutes.

The sd card means you just need a power socket and can take the printer anywhere with files already lodade on the memory card.
    The delta also has a full size sd card slot built into the control panel. A lot of printers seem to have micro sd card slots - and those things are so tiny they often get stuck in the wrong part of the machine :-)

Setup is basically take it out of box. Bolt on extruder, put hat together, attach tubes, plug it in, picka language and follow the on screen instructions.
    The welcome script guides you through: calibrating bed, nozzle calibration, loading filament and other stuff.
    Very friendly and easy to use machines.

First time I fired up my creator I was amazed - it basically talks to you (in text). Loved that :-)

All slicers use g-code. So you're not limited.

italy eh ?
    https://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_no...-keywords=qidi

there ya go.
    Oooh - lot cheaper on ebay: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Stampante-3d-...QAAOSwPK1ZU7Q5

560 !

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast