Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supadec-dou...ded+vinyl+tape

It's what I've got my original sheet of printbite attached to my aluminium plate with on the flashforge.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    this stuff: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Supadec-dou...ded+vinyl+tape

It's what I've got my original sheet of printbite attached to my aluminium plate with on the flashforge.

Oh so it has nothing to do with vinyl, it's just used to attach vinyl to floor, ok, anyway can't find that on italian amazon, and apparently that doesn't ship to Italy, gonna see if i can find something similar, if the thermal pad i got doesn't do it.

double sided carpet tape should be the same stuff :-)

Technician
    Hello again guys, today the thermal pad arrived, and for now seems to be working flawlessly with the glass, feels like it's glued and temps are just a bit lower, but i'll just set a higher print bed temperature in order to fill the gap, there's still something not that good with the default slicer, need to be working on how to use other softwares which will hopefully be better than that.

I've lost track - what slicer are you using ?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    I've lost track - what slicer are you using ?
    The default one, the one that comes with the printer, the damn ABS filament won't stuck to the bed. :S

what's the printer :-)

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    He has the X-One. If you are having issues with it curling, use a brim a few layers high. If it just won't stick to the glass, are you using anything to help it adhere?
    Exactly, no curling, at least not yet, it just doesn't adhere, doesn't matter the speed i try, could be even 5 mm/s doesn't stick, i thought glass would help that, but apparently it makes it even worse

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    I use glass, but with hair spray. I can get 30mm/s first layer to stick with ABS.
    Have to try that...

Technician
    Tried hairspray, with PLA works flawlessly, i tried printing 3 parts of the same keychain in ABS, set the extruder at 230, the bed at 120, sprayed abundant hairspray on it, it stuck initially, but after a while 2 of the 3 pieces started moving and the print fcked up, not that the hairspray i used it like from 10 years ago, and it says light, not super strong or anything, and the bed temperature it's not exactly 120, because the thermal pad absorbs a bit of the heat, so the print bed would be around 105 or so which should be more than enough for ABS to stick :/

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast