Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ape

Technician
    Yeah its better to use lines if you try again, might I ask why you like ABS so much, is it easier to print with?

Cool trick about the filament changing, I did that while printing with pieces of rest filament but I got the timing wrong: Torqued Vases

Quote Originally Posted by Egon van Engelen View Post
    Yeah its better to use lines if you try again, might I ask why you like ABS so much, is it easier to print with?
    Actually, PLA has a reputation of being easier to print with. But the problem with PLA is the edges curl up so much. At least for me it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Egon van Engelen View Post
    Cool trick about the filament changing, I did that while printing with pieces of rest filament but I got the timing wrong: Torqued Vases
    It looks like that color change worked out fine? How did you have the timing wrong? On something like that, it doesn't really matter if you are off a layer or two. But when you are laying lettering down on a flat surface, you have to switch the filament at exactly the right time.

Technician
    Are you using the heated bed also for PLA? Trying it sometime without heating it up might do the trick. I'm printing on a cold acrylic plate and lately even a mirror with hairspray.

About the filament change, I got the timing wrong because I did it manually and miscalculated about the length of the Bowden tube, because it was a vase it's off more then a few layers )

Technician
    Update on the Ape figurine
    Roxy advised me to make a version available that includes support.
    It prints much faster now and it also takes much less time to clean up.
    Let me know how it goes if you decide to print it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12