Close

Engineer-in-Training

how to get 3D models of vehicles that can be printed on 3D printer?

Someone asked me to print a 3D model of Dodge Ram pickup truck. How do I get 3D models of vehicles that can be printed on 3D printer?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Check thingiverse or the other 3d model repositories.

Or if you have a decent camera, there are photo stitching software that can render a 3d model from that. That might allow you to make a exact copy of his truck (assuming he has one), but find a premade model first . Others here will have better info on these types of software packages, but I do know it will be very labor intensive.

Engineer-in-Training
    Most 3D models that I can find on 3d model repositories are made for games or for rendering, not for 3D printing.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi Jeff,
    Is there a specific model RAM you are looking for? I have a few available.
    One is a great model of a 1996 model with roll bars, I also have a 2009 model.
    Let me know the scale you want to print it in and I can separate the wheels for you to print separately and connect to the body with an axis.

Engineer-in-Training
    I would like 2017 RAM 4-door mega-cab with large tires in 1/25th scale. Separate the wheels. If all you have is the 2009 model, it's OK.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I sent you a PM