Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

3D printer MOD. Auto ejection with web based queue and server side slicing.

Hello,
    https://youtu.be/pEV_lTtuz6U

Been working on a 3d printer with a web based print queue.

Slicing takes place on the server and the 3d printer operates with oout any kind of human interaction.

Parts are automatically ejected from the machine and the next item in the queue is automatically printed.

Ohh. Its also all open source.

Link to project page.
    https://hackaday.io/project/20960-an...auto-eject-sys

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Only serious(ish) issue I can see is that you need to clear the ooze from the print nozzle before starting a new print. That bit of plastic is going to bugger up the next print at some point.

But other than that - I like the heath robinson approach, plus I'm a very recent convert to deltas :-)

Good job !

That issue goes away when you have a nice thick raft. A nice thick raft can make up for a lot of 3d printing sins.

Don't use rafts any more. :-)
    That is a cool setup - you could probably just get the head to wipe across a small barrier before starting to print. Deltas ideal for that kind of thing :-)
    Natural bristle shaving brush would do the job really well. Plastic bristles would probably melt.

Engineer-in-Training
    Anything can go wrong if you don't watch the 3D printer for a few minutes after it starts printing. The paper may move while printing.

I covered the bottom of the table where the trap door is with a soft rubber. It grips the paper when clamped.
    Last edited by mmiscool; 06-12-2017 at 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Don't use rafts any more. :-)
    That is a cool setup - you could probably just get the head to wipe across a small barrier before starting to print. Deltas ideal for that kind of thing :-)
    Natural bristle shaving brush would do the job really well. Plastic bristles would probably melt.
    Ironically, the Davinci's already do this. There's a box that catches the crap that falls from the nozzle, and mounted to that box is a thin metal blade and some sort of foam pad (I'm assuming a high strength, high temp, foam as it's never broken, melted, or deformed). When starting or ending a print, the nozzle brushes against these blades and pads in both the x&y directions, kinda like wiping your feet at a door.

A piece of .020" or .015" aluminum would probably do this very well.

Been using this for more than 75 prints. About 10 or so had a problem of the paper shifting. That was prior to installing the rubber on the bottom of the table on the trap door clamping surface. that improved things significantly.

I guess the only issue is the rafts buggering up the base of the print.
    Never could get them off a print cleanly when i was using abs.

I know it was probably in the video - but I skipped to the parts where things were happening. So what software do you use to print the paper and then trigger the print ?

The gcode sender was custom written by my self. It goes to the server and checks for print jobs every 30 seconds when it is not activly printing. It also prints out the information page to the incjet providing the disposable build plate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast