Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Small knife gets the backing off.
    A manual you say !
    Wahey !
    had a good session yesterday. Just got board and control panel and psu left now.
    Might get a chance later today, got work to do first.
    Anyone know a good way to tension the belts without a spring loaded tensioner ?
    I will eventually get the spring loaded widgets, but for now, I'm not entirely happy with how tight I can get it by hand - bear in mind these belt strips are approx 120cm long. I'll also look at making a cover on the carriages to stop the belt potentially coming out of it's groove.
    right lets have a look at this manual :-)

Looks at manual link: Ah ha ! that wiring diagram is the very thing I wanted next :-) printing that sucker out.
    Cheers cindy, you're a star !

I have to say that being able to wind the build video back ad forwards so that you can see what nuts and bolts are used from different angles, easily beats a crappy 2d printed manual.
    So far the lack of printed material hasn't been an issue. The diagram I just printed out looks like all I need to connect it all together.

Right I'll go do some actual work and hopefully have time this evening to get the board and control panel attached and plugged in.

I'm still impressed with how solid and well made all the components are.
    Only design issue so far is the l shaped miunting bracket for the extruder. If it was 2 cm longer, you would be able to easily adjust the height of the extruder on the strut. As it stands, at the moment, you have to completely disassemble the extruder to get at the bolts as the stepper motor blocks access.
    The bracket (and extruder) is a solid piece of metal, so wouldn't want to replace with plastic version.
    Might give it a go, but at the moment I decide to have extruder right side up and towards the top of the frame and make a strut mounted filament holder that will go below the extruder.

One thing, the diagram mentions a socket for vortex fan for cooling prints.
    Where do I get this from, or can i print the vortex thingy out and buy my own fan ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-21-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Staff Engineer
    You're talking about one of these chillers? http://www.exair.com/en-US/Primary%2...ng%20Home.aspx

It takes a substantial compressor to keep up with one of them.

Technologist
    Follow wendy On Twitter Add wendy on Facebook Add wendy on Google+
    please refer this picture to tighten your belt

I don't know why I can't upload the picture
    tomorrow , I will try again !

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    You're talking about one of these chillers? http://www.exair.com/en-US/Primary%2...ng%20Home.aspx

It takes a substantial compressor to keep up with one of them.
    lmao - nah, it's just the name he3d give to the print area cooling fan & duct (i presume) :-)
    It's the duct setup I want. The extruder has bolt holes already in place.

Anyway I've finished the actual build. Got a few comments pictures etc.
    Which are about to be posted in my build thread: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ta-kit-)/page2

Technologist
    New update FAQ for HE3D delta printer
    http://www.reprapmall.com/index.php?...log/blog&id=41

Ah that makes more sense. I thought the carriage assembly in the video was a bit weird.
    That said, they work fine :-)

So having got my k200 to the point where I've made several succesful prints, my final verdicts.

1) is it easy to build ? Yes. Just take your time. All you need are the main build video and the wiring diagram.

2) do you get everything you need including tools with the kit. Yes - but get some needle nose pliers to hold nuts in small spaces. Or a small child could do the same job :-)

3) Did you need anything that wasn't included in the kit ? Yes. A ptfe tube for the extruder, without which it absolutely was not going to print anything - ever.

4) is this kit suitable for a first time 3d printer owner. I'd have to say no on this one. I've modified and made some extra parts that really bring the whole thing together as a single coherent unit. These could be printed by the machine after building - so that's not a big issue and I will upload the stl files to thingiverse anyway.
    But without a spare ptfe tube in my workshop - she would never have printed anything. Also the auto calibration process is unbelieveably confusing and if you have the heated bed, won't work anyway. I did have to print my own extruder carriage to get the print head level. That said you could have sanded/filed the one that came with it flat if necessary.

That said, if you are an experienced maker or cnc user and have built stuff in the past - this could easily suit you.

Q: So how good is this printer, I mean it's seriosuly cheap and it's from china - we all know they just sell us westerners crap, how good can it be ?

A: Seriously really bloody good :-) I've printed two parts of a mould as a test. One on my k200 and the other on my flashforge creator. Not only can the k200 print the same part almost twice as fast (1hour 20 for the k200, versus 2 hours 47 for the replicator clone), but the quality of the final print is superior. The print is smoother, more consistent. The printer itself is very very quiet in operation, has almost twice the build volume of the flashforge and just looks the business.

The actual build components were all quality parts. Apart from the extruder carriage, which was poor quality 3d printed and not level. Fortunately wendy sent me the stl file and I printed my own, properly flat carriage.
    I'm not sure why the extruder carriage is a very rough 3d printed part - it doesn't fit with the rest of the kit at all. So I'm hoping they'll correct that in the future. All other plastic parts are robust injection moulded and I had no issues with the fit or size of anything.

So, final analysis.
    If you already own a 3d printer and want a cheap but good delta: Absolutely buy this. Do it now !

If you want to get into 3d printing and are an experienced maker, who is prepared to order a couple minor parts - again, thoroughly recommended.

If you have little or no experience with this kind of thing and want a cheap first printer - I would NOT recommend this kit. There were no major issues, but enough little niggly things that anyone with no experience of cnc or 3d printer machines, would really struggle.

For the money, I'm extremely pleased with what I have.

The whole saga from ordering to first prints is here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...t-a-delta-kit-)

If you have any queries on this machine or the kit or build process - please ask and I'll do me best to answer them.

I have to also say that wendy has been really helpful and has answered all of my questions speedily and accurately.
    So many thanks for that :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-05-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Technologist
    Thanks for your total review,curious! it is really very good
    but I want to say two point
    "A ptfe tube for the extruder, without which it absolutely was not going to print anything - ever. "
    Do you mean the white teflon tube? we should put it in the parcel
    2"
    The actual build components were all quality parts. Apart from the extruder carriage, which was poor quality 3d printed and not level"
    this is our
    strategy mistake! when we design the mold , we design dual extruder carriage to injection molding, but not single extruder carriage
    I will give our manager this feedback

Yes absolutely put the teflon tuibe in the package. Or better still - put it in the extruder already. Takes a couple of minutes. Unscrew nozzle (does not need to be heated - not sure where you got that idea from. I've always changed nozzles while cold) pop tube into hole, screw nozzle back on - job done.

Now I've got the machine together and printing - I have to say I love it to bits. Seriously impressed with what it can do.
    I do understand that you need to make money and I can't work out how you do, given the DHL express shipping was free !

So The little bits i made myself: feet, filament spool holder, power supply mount and baseplate(next), are things people can also make themselves.
    But only if the printer actually works !
    And without the teflon tube in the extruder and a level and totally flat extruder carriage - the machine would never have been able to print anything.

So yes those two - cheap, but utterly crucial - parts absolutely need to be fixed.
    Get that done and I will happily recommend this kit to anyone.

I love the build video and cannot fault the support you've supplied. So please fix the carriage and extruder issues :-)

Link to my thingiverse page with the he3d k200 mods.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2386628
    Enjoy :-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast