Close

Student

gaps in printing problem - mainly in rounded models.

hope someone can spot this problem...
    I have the following printing problem in various models - some areas have holes/gaps/printed incorrectly. I tried already with lower temperature (170C) and higher temperature (190C) but seems like this is the right temperature (180C). also tried to change the number of perimeters from 3 to 6.

gap1.jpggap2.jpg

Technologist
    What printer are you using?

Is it possible that the filament is not being pulled evenly into the extruder, maybe the tube is bending too far or something similar?

Could even be the heater cutting out for the same reason, but I would expect this to be more random.

Student

Unhappy

It's very odd, as the problem is consistent. tried with two slicers - Cura and Slic3r.
    The printer is Geeetech i3 pro C dual extruder.
    There are no tubes in this one...

thanks for the help!

Technologist
    Sounds like you have ruled out the slicer then. Does it look correct in preview mode?

Can you monitor the temps as it prints? I do wonder if there is a failing heater cable that's bending at a certain point and intermittently losing connection?

Does it do it on both extruders?

Try some test cubes at various points over the bed and see if you can work out if there is a specific area where the print goes wrong.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    It looks like in this area there is a specific change of angle in the surface curvature so that the print comes out inconsistent. Try using a smaller layer height or an internal support structure.