Close

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    No it's a Malyan M200

It's my first. I'm still getting to grips with it but it's good fun. Well worth the money.

Thanks very much

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what is it with gearing ?
    Why would I need gearing ?
    Even running at 150mm/s the extruder motor doesn't exactly turn fast. The shaft is the same diameter as the 17, as is the hobbed bolt. So the same gcode should make it turn at the same rate.
    I'll be astonished if it hasn't got the torque to pull filament from a reel and push it through a heated hotend from about 6 inches.

What am I missing here ?

Quote Originally Posted by number40Fan View Post
    If you ever decide to drop $250 on another printer, read this thread from start to finish and pick up an He3d K200. With a little tweaking, slight math, and a few upgrades that you can print on your M200, you'll have one heck of, and fast, printer.

Is it sensible for a beginner to tackle a delta printer kit?

Very easy to build. Everything else we've covered, in detail in this thread :-)

I must admit they do look very graceful in action. Are they 'better' than Cartesian printers?

In my opinion - a lot better.
    Very quiet, only the print head moves so very little vibration, which means faster and sharper prints and prints stay stuck to the bed better.
    Very simple - easy to trouble shoot.

I'm a convert :-)

I've been reading this thread and while I appreciate the recommendation I'm not sure that 44 pages of mods make it a printer suitable for noobs

well to be fair, probably the first 20 or so pages were us making things.
    The rest is us making other things that aren't necessarily anything to do with the he3d 200 :-)

I'd say that of the stuff on my thingiverese page for the he3d 200 - the effector & fan duct are essential.
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2386628
    The feet, cable snake, endstop bracket, filament holder, base cover and power supply brackets are all optional extras.
    They do turn the basic kit into a really impressive machine, but optional :-)

So what's with the gearing thing then #40 ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-25-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast