Close

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    if you run it over the top the tube will be too long and will kink when printing tall things. And that's why I lifted the hotend cabling up and out of the way with a cable tie :-)
    I also chopped my tube down by about 5 inches.
    Given that it will happily print filaflex at 20mm/s (limp rubber spaghetti) - the length and positioning is pretty much perfect.

You also need to put the wrapped hot end cabling in the groove on the base pointing away from the y-strut (probably, I no longer have a clue which one is which)
    My feed tube doesn't catch on anything, the cabling shouldn't either - why are you calling the carriage the effector ?
    It's weird and makes no sense :-)

But cheers for the file.
    I'll print one up and see how it goes :-)

lol, don't look now, but you are being followed !
    :-)
    Hmm, so presumably I can enlarge the fanduct, duct a bit more. Cool.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.

lol
    Actually it really doesn't take much air blowing on the print area to make a huge difference.
    The 40mm fans I have on the makerbot clones don't feel like there's much air going down there, actually feels like more comes out the back of the fanduct - but the difference they made in my prints was quite astonishing.
    Great design: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918

One reason I'm going for swappable heads - different designs for different types of print. Put your hand under these ducts when they are running and you can barely feel anything.
    Bear in mind the parts that will benefit most are the ones the slicer slows the speed down most for, so even a little diract air makes a big difference.

It's too bloody hot here to cut the grass today, so I'm off to the workshop to change carriages over and redesign duct (again) forget that as the EFFECTOR (who and what is it effecting ?) is now bigger, the bolt holes are further away from the edge - doh !
    Also need to do the fan wiring.

Now here's a question for you - the hotend cooling fan is permamently on - is there a way to switch it off when you're not printing or like the makerbots, only swutch it on when the hotend hits 60c ?
    It buzzes and is annoying whenyou're not printing.
    I figure there should be an option somewhere in the firmware - just can't find it.

well my flashforge has a smaller overall print area and a 2mm thick aluminium heat bed.
    The k200 has a 3mm thick aluminium heatbed.
    So if you figure just over 1.5 mass, I reckon heat up time is proportionally about the same. Even though the flashforge is 24v throughout.

but bear in mind smaller surface area - the k200 hotbed is actually 22cm diameter and 3mm thick. Fair chunk of metal to heat up.

Right got your effector in place. Springs now about halfway up arm pairs and locked in place with glued cable ties.

Removed the springs between the pairs, carriage seems to be rock solid, so we'll see.

Fan duct still needs work - think I'm measuring weird for some reason :-)

yeah that's why I just upload photos directly to forums.

You can always just sand the extra 0.4mm off the fan.

as far as heating p goes. The flashforge bed heats up quicker but the delta hotend is much faster to heat than the flashforge's.

Currently printing another duct, with angled end and designed for clip in nozzles.

Now to design some parametric nozzles. :-)
    Far as nozzles go - happy with the 0.5.
    Haven't noticed any major quality differences, and I'm sure it helps with the flexible filaments.
    And at the end of the day the delta is mainly for printing bigger stuff faster.

So how have you got your fan setup now then ?

bloody hell - guess that explains why you set your print volume at 141 rather than 200. That's a massive fan setup !
    I'll stick to a lighterweight and possibly less effective solution. Though it was blowing a fair bit of air through yesterday. :-)

And 250 height ?
    Even with the hotbed, I've got a clean 265. Gives me 5mm for the nozzle to lift off once finished.

Have you tried printing any text yet ?
    interested to see if it comes out the right way round :-)

no idea where that build volume info came from.
    You tell it you have a delta, tell it the diameter - job done.

140 is the biggest square you can print, but so what ?

Haven't tried text for a while. But it has been giving me issues.

Currently printing different sized nozzles :-)
    would post pics but camera battery dead.
    I'll get this one started and go change battery :-)

Printing at 0.1 layer height. Something I don't usually do - working fine :-)
    Don't half take a long time though. When this one's done I'll try one at 0.2mm with and without the fan on.

Got a fairly slim 12v 40mm fan might be worth trying. Has three wires though.
    If I left the white one out - do you think it would still work ? Far as I know that one just measures rpm speed.
    But probably wrong on that :-)

Oh yeah, one of the local discount stores had a set of the ball ended allen keys for £1.88. Go from 1.5mm up to 10mm (that's a chunky hunk of metal and no mistake).
    Fairly short handles. So was thinking maybe get another set chop most of the handle off and fit them into long thin handles. Figured leave a couple mm of angled end, slot on handle and once fitted fill the gap in with my 3dprinting pen - handheld plastic extruder.

Good job for the delta :-)
    Love that you can print tall things standing up on really tiny ends.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 07-09-2017 at 03:09 PM.

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast