Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by kellez View Post
    boots v2.5 triple extruder looks really nice and very cheap, with good layer resolution at 50 microns and with very large build volume. it also has auto levelling plate, what an amazing feature.
    the only thing i am worried about is that the frame doesn't really look stable. the arms are hanging from elastic bands which are used for the auto levelling feature, its not sturdy at all.
    Look again, the v2.5 was completely re-engineered. The bottom and top frames are metal now. No more fishing line as well.

i really don't like this configuration of 3d printers. the mankati style seems a lot more stable

so do we have any more news for the mankati?
    Last edited by kellez; 06-11-2014 at 04:10 AM.

the manakti forums are up and running, anyone that is interested in the printer or owns a printer should become a member of the mankati forums, we need to build a large community around this printer.

Mankati forums
    Last edited by kellez; 06-11-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Student

Off to Vision Technology for Mankati Demo and Tour Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by kellez View Post
    the manakti forums are up and running, anyone that is interested in the printer or owns a printer should become a member of the mankati forums, we need to build a large community around this printer.

Mankati forums
    Guys--

I have finished teaching at Shanghai U. and have an appointment tomorrow (Tuesday) to get a demonstration of the Mankati 3D printer and tour the factory. I willpost photos and videos when I have time later this week.

Great news....i hope you enjoy the tour, can't wait to see what you will post.

I bought a Mankati XT about 6 months ago and here's my experience...

Arrival... It arrived with the glass heat bed shattered (apparently from shipping) despite being very well packaged. It took a couple weeks of emails but they eventually replaced it and the heat bed that was bonded to it. I bought it from a re-seller in Colorado but I don't think they are representing them anymore as 3d printing is not their core business. I believe that if if was not for the CO re-seller I would not have received my replacement parts.

The printer appears very well made, with exception to the hot ends. They are awful and have caused me nothing but trouble. It's hard to tell what's exactly happening but it seems like they are not getting hot enough for enough material to flow properly. I gave up trying to print with it months ago and went back to using my smaller home built printer. I bought some e3d v6 hot ends and plan to be swapping them out this weekend. From what I have read, I believe that once I replace the hot ends this should be a reliable printer. Initially it printed beautifully but after just a few prints, things went south fast.

The reason I bought the Mankati is that it appeared to be well made with good components, large enclosed print volume and dual material capable. On my list of wants, printing with support material is a priority. Unfortunately the hot ends appear to be a fatal flaw. Despite my troubles, I am glad to have it and think it will be a great printer once fixed. Time will tell though...

About me...

Product designer with 20 years of experience
    ~18 years using Pro/Engineer CAD
    ~2 years experience running a CNC router prototype business
    ~10 years experience with a Stratasys Vantage SE printer (fantastic printer)
    ~ 1 year with 2 Makerbots (did not like at all)
    ~ 2 years with home built 3d printer (very reliable but with flaws)
    ~ 6 mo with Mankati XT
    current 3d printers - Mankati XT & home built printer

Student
    We are just using, also selling Mankati 3D Printer in Australia. By customer's review we can say that it is easy to use and provides high quality service.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123