Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hello everyone

i am currently searching for a good 3d printer to buy...after a good search on line i have decided to buy the mankati 3d printer full-scale XT. The reason is due to the large build volume, amazing high print resolution at 20 microns whereas makerbot replicator at $2900 can do only 100 microns, also double extruders whereas the makerbot is single and of course all these at a very low price compared to other printers at $1500

For the price of $1500 i think this is the best 3d printer, can anyone prove me wrong please? i need your feedback on this, my search is only limited on the specifications given by each manufacturer.
    also is there anyone here that actually owns a manakti 3d printer full-scale XT? i really want to hear more about this printer

Mankati forums are up and running lets hope that people who already own these printers will step up to give us their feedback.

Thank you everyone

Last edited by kellez; 05-31-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Student
    Mankati keeps deleting all the post...?I posted a quester about warranty and it was answered ( a year) then deleted.... I also saw other questions ask and answered then deleted.... I find this unusual
    if you add in the shipping coast $300 for me in calif its $1800
    if you get one please post about it.

Student
    I am going ti Shanghai U. to teach in mid-June for two weeks to teach. I already have checked with Emma at Mankati about visiting their offices and getting to see a demo. I will report to the forum after I have seen the product in action and toured their facility.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Mankati keeps deleting all the post...?I posted a quester about warranty and it was answered ( a year) then deleted.... I also saw other questions ask and answered then deleted.... I find this unusual
    if you add in the shipping coast $300 for me in calif its $1800
    if you get one please post about it.
    Hi,

ofourse i will post about it, however i am waiting for someone else to buy it so that i can get some feedback from them, but i guess this is what everyone else is waiting for. this is a new printer and just now is becoming available in many shops for purchase. before 3 months you couldn't find the full-scale xt in any store except alibaba. now you can find it in australia, UK, even the US. I am sure soon enough there should be lots of people buying these printers.

Yes shipping is $300 for me also but any printer i get will have high shipping cost, but still the price is very competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieY View Post
    I am going ti Shanghai U. to teach in mid-June for two weeks to teach. I already have checked with Emma at Mankati about visiting their offices and getting to see a demo. I will report to the forum after I have seen the product in action and toured their facility.
    Thats very exciting, can't wait to hear from you soon. please make sure you take a video of the printing and the final product if they let you .

Tell them to print the green owl at 20 microns layer resolution. I want to see if the green owl in this video (please see link below) really came out of the full-scale xt.

Please see the video and comment, do you really believe that the green owl was 3d printed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...fZoGqNT0#t=282

I dont see a big community behind mankati, and given these produits are not plug and play, for me that's a negative point.
    Also, many people complain about poor support from builders in EU or US... What do you expect from China ?
    I lived 4 years in China, makes me careful.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    I dont see a big community behind mankati, and given these produits are not plug and play, for me that's a negative point.
    Also, many people complain about poor support from builders in EU or US... What do you expect from China ?
    I lived 4 years in China, makes me careful.
    I know there is not a big community behind mankati, i have been searching for people that have already bought these printers and couldn't find any but as i said before it is just now that shops around the world have started stocking on these printers. see the links below, before 3 months no shop had these printers.

http://www.touch-the-bits.de/shop/3d...-fullscale-xt/

http://dnksystems.com.au/store/#!/~/product/id=33759106

http://www.ridix.nl/-mankati-fullsca...u-p-17028.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mankati-Fu...item338e56c58c

this shop just bought one for testing, i bet they will soon have it in stock, given the great results that they speak of

http://3dprintersuperstore.com.au/pa...inting-samples

i don't think the fact that some assembly is required to get the printer running is bad, you do not actually have to build the whole printer.

also what you mean by many people complain about poor support from builders in EU and US? which people complain about what?
    we all know about chinese products but you can't deny the good features the full-scale xt has, especially if you compared it to other printers.

Please show me another printer that has the same build volume, same layer resolution and at the same price with double extruders.

Technician
    I have seen it printing trough a webcam. The owner think it is overall good but he did not like the hotends and did change it to e3d i think it was. He has a thread here: http://zortraxfans.xooit.eu/t22-Mankati-samples.htm

Quote Originally Posted by kellez View Post
    also what you mean by many people complain about poor support from builders in EU and US? which people complain about what?
    we all know about chinese products but you can't deny the good features the full-scale xt has, especially if you compared it to other printers.

Please show me another printer that has the same build volume, same layer resolution and at the same price with double extruders.
    I juste meant that if you look at 3d printers customer forums they usually had a rough start : production quality, production development, delivery damages, tech support Team size... A frustrating experience overall.

My opinion is with a chinese company no one's heard of you might be stacking the deck against yourself. But that's juste m'y opinion.

For printers with similar or bigger volume look at the boots v2.5 triple extruder or the printrbot gov2 also triple extruder...

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    I juste meant that if you look at 3d printers customer forums they usually had a rough start : production quality, production development, delivery damages, tech support Team size... A frustrating experience overall.

My opinion is with a chinese company no one's heard of you might be stacking the deck against yourself. But that's juste m'y opinion.

For printers with similar or bigger volume look at the boots v2.5 triple extruder or the printrbot gov2 also triple extruder...

boots v2.5 triple extruder looks really nice and very cheap, with good layer resolution at 50 microns and with very large build volume. it also has auto levelling plate, what an amazing feature.
    the only thing i am worried about is that the frame doesn't really look stable. the arms are hanging from elastic bands which are used for the auto levelling feature, its not sturdy at all.
    Moreover getting a printer from a kickstarter project is really risky, its like you are being used to test their printers, which is the same when buying a new printer from a fairly new company such as mankati.

Quote Originally Posted by Trhuster View Post
    I have seen it printing trough a webcam. The owner think it is overall good but he did not like the hotends and did change it to e3d i think it was. He has a thread here: http://zortraxfans.xooit.eu/t22-Mankati-samples.htm
    if you see the link that Trhuster posted you can see the first issue experienced by a manakti user.

The best thing to do right now is to sit and wait

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast