Close

Marlin 1.1.0 issues

Has anyone tried to load Marlin 1.1.0 yet?

Whenever I try to Verify with UBL uncommented like this:
    Code:
    //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT
    //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR
    //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR
    #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL
    //#define MESH_BED_LEVELING
    I get:

Code:
    "AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL requires EEPROM_SETTINGS. Please update your configuration."
    I'm not sure where to begin figuring this out.
    Thanks for any help.

Find EEPROM_SETTINGS in configuration.h and uncomment the define line.

Quote Originally Posted by tugeagon View Post
    Has anyone tried to load Marlin 1.1.0 yet?
    Ah.... Yeah... But you probably want to run BugFix_v1.1.0 That is the most 'correct'.
    We had an OctoPrint bug right out of the shoot and a few more things have been made better.

Quote Originally Posted by tugeagon View Post
    Whenever I try to Verify with UBL uncommented like this:
    Code:
    //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_3POINT
    //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR
    //#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR
    #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL
    //#define MESH_BED_LEVELING
    I get:
    Code:
    "AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL requires EEPROM_SETTINGS. Please update your configuration."
    I'm not sure where to begin figuring this out.
    Thanks for any help.
    To fully realize the benefits of UBL, you need to have a mesh that is tuned to your print bed. It's not a big deal, but it will take an hour to go up the learning curve and get things right. (If you print on multiple pieces of glass... You can do the second piece of glass in 15 minutes of machine time and 5 minutes of your time)

But the EEPROM is required because with a 10 x 10 mesh, or a 15 x 15 mesh... It ends up being a lot of data. You don't want to generate that every print.

There is a UBL Guide in the Documentation folder of MarlinFirmware. (It is in the 'Features' area) You can do the Quick Start list of instructions and probably get your mesh very nicely turned with no hair pulling. But please make sure you can print a small calibration cube in the center of the bed with bed leveling turned off first. If you can't do a print, trying to bring up UBL is going make your brain explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Ah.... Yeah... But you probably want to run BugFix_v1.1.0 That is the most 'correct'.
    We had an OctoPrint bug right out of the shoot and a few more things have been made better.
    Welp, Thats good to know, I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    To fully realize the benefits of UBL, you need to have a mesh that is tuned to your print bed. It's not a big deal, but it will take an hour to go up the learning curve and get things right. (If you print on multiple pieces of glass... You can do the second piece of glass in 15 minutes of machine time and 5 minutes of your time)

But the EEPROM is required because with a 10 x 10 mesh, or a 15 x 15 mesh... It ends up being a lot of data. You don't want to generate that every print.

There is a UBL Guide in the Documentation folder of MarlinFirmware. (It is in the 'Features' area) You can do the Quick Start list of instructions and probably get your mesh very nicely turned with no hair pulling. But please make sure you can print a small calibration cube in the center of the bed with bed leveling turned off first. If you can't do a print, trying to bring up UBL is going make your brain explode.
    Yeah, I was only able to get UBL to work once. I kept getting "Invalid X/Y coordinance". I will definitely have to read on this, more complicated than I though. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I should note that I did get it to print.
    Last edited by tugeagon; 05-13-2017 at 11:41 PM.