Close

ABS print only problem

Alright so I just started to print with abs about a day ago, I have abs juice on the HBP already and when I printed the first item I noticed that the extruder stood in the bottom left corner and just extruded a dot of abs then went on it's way around the side of the HBP when I specifically told it to build on the center of the HBP. See picture below. The LEFT extruder is ABS and the right extruder is PLA

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/05abf469a473/IMG_3588.JPG

This happens with ALL abs prints, so I tried to print something else. The default left extreder print that came with the sd card. I noticed that the print also started out in the bottom left corner and extruded a little dot but then it TRAVELED OFF THE HBP extruding along the way! I canceled the print right away and then you can see in this video that the extruder heads are stuck in the top right corner.

I wanted to see if this was a problem with the PLA that I have in my right extruder so I tested that out with a default right extruder build that came with the sd card and it worked perfectly...

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by 6010fd12 View Post
    Alright so I just started to print with abs about a day ago, I have abs juice on the HBP already and when I printed the first item I noticed that the extruder stood in the bottom left corner and just extruded a dot of abs then went on it's way around the side of the HBP when I specifically told it to build on the center of the HBP. See picture below. The LEFT extruder is ABS and the right extruder is PLA

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/05abf469a473/IMG_3588.JPG

This happens with ALL abs prints, so I tried to print something else. The default left extreder print that came with the sd card. I noticed that the print also started out in the bottom left corner and extruded a little dot but then it TRAVELED OFF THE HBP extruding along the way! I canceled the print right away and then you can see in this video that the extruder heads are stuck in the top right corner.

I wanted to see if this was a problem with the PLA that I have in my right extruder so I tested that out with a default right extruder build that came with the sd card and it worked perfectly...
    This has nothing to do with the fact it's ABS or PLA. This is a Gcode step that is beyond the limit of the platform - thats all.

Have you tried actually printing from your PC and not the SD card examples they give you yet?

If the left extruder is printing off the platform, it wont matter whether its PLA or ABS in there, its still going to print off the platform. Swap filament sides, you will get the same result.

The other option is your End Stops are configured incorrectly for the left hand side OR your touch switches are not being activated on the side possibly..

You wont understand Gcode most likely at at the moment, but it sounds like a bad code on your SD card, i would try printing from replicatorG and physically selecting that extruder and printing something in the middle of the plate, see what happens.

**Edit

Have you run a calibration yet?
    Last edited by Geoff; 04-24-2014 at 02:21 AM.