Close

Student

Cool Cura Or Simplify3d?

Other then the obvious Cura, Simplify3D and Slic3r which other slicers do you guys like?

I kinda like Cura But seeing as I just bought simplify3D I hope I can get some pros cons between the two?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Flashprint is actually pretty good.
    Has some cool image extrusion tools and part cutting tools.

I use simplify3d.
    I like cura, but s3d definitely has the edge. Free slicer wise - flashprint is really coming into it's own these days.
    And the only one I've ever had succesful dual extrusion from is makerware desktop - old version.

edit

the cheapest and easiest to use is still SelfCAD for me which i do straight from Safari.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Cura, Slic3r

When I started Out I was using Cura 15.04.6. Well Still using Cura 15.04.6 It is still the easiest to configure and use to slice the models.
    However I still use Slic3r It has features that are not available in Cura. Though this is not the extent of the programs that I use and have tested.

I have downloaded every Free Slicer from every manufacture to test them all, the other One I like is MatterControl it too has its assets.

I'll have a look at matter control.
    I can't use cloud software, my internet in the workshop is just not fast or reliable enough.

Hmm, dot net issue.
    I'll have a look later.

On the subject of flashprint - it's easily the best for replicator clones. Even the dual extrusion is simple and effective.

Technician
    Both of Cura and Simplify 3D have equivalent slicing capabilities. Simplify 3D also allow you to output X3G files. But Cura needs an add-on to make X3G work.

definitely not equivalent.
    simplify3d is easier to use, slices faster and very few people come here asking why it doesn't work properly :-)

Cura, mainly because it was first one that I downloaded. Tried S3D, but I am used to Cura, not planning to change.