Close

Stickfilament's Wood Pulp seems like good stuff

has anyone had a chance to print using the WoodPulp that Stickfilament sells? I've seen some guy post a handle that he printed out using this stuff on google+ (see image below)

He actually sanded it and then painted it just like you would with real wood. It only comes in 3mm though but works on FDM (FFF) printers.
    From the photo above this stuff really looks like wood. This fellow also said that it feels like wood when held.

Technician
    This looks really nice. Have you tried to print with it? I'm always hesitant to put anything but PLA or ABS into my 3d printer, as I'm scared it will jam or clog the extruder.

I've been seeing more and more of this stuff lately. Perhaps it's self promotion by the company.... I don't know. However, I saw this photo this morning that shows the difference between this wood pulp filament before and after it is treated.

Seems like this stuff hold up well to different treatments

I haven't tried the wood pulp yet, but I tried the wood brown PLA filaments of 3d2print. In my experience, you really need to treat it to get the desired look and texture. I sanded it and slightly sliced the surface to get the wood-like texture.