Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Someone advised an ender 5 plus with a micro swiss direct extruder upgrade. Thoughts?

My son recently bought a Prusa Mini and I think the shipping was around $50.00?
    Last edited by JohnA136; 06-30-2021 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo

the cheapest was close to 70$, by the time I exchanged it to CAD and the estimated customs and what not.. it was around 680 I believe...
    how does he like it? is it his first 3d printer?

We have over a dozen printers, some commercial and some we scratch built. My son used to do printer reviews for MAKE magazine and he has tested scores more. He loves his Ultimaker and Prusa's (I think we have 5 or 6 Prusa's between us?) My "Fan Favorite" is our big Delta but the results do not match up to a Prusa. He currently prints daily with his Mini and Mk3S and always turns out great prints. At my house I have a Kossel Delta, a Makerbot Replicator 2, a Cube, a Prusa Mk1 and a Prusa Mk2s.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    have a look at the tronxy 5sa PRO
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRONXY-Alum...4105229&sr=8-4

For dedicated abs useage you'd need to enclose it.
    But pet-g, pet, pla plus and rigid polyurethane are all better than abs anyway and don't need enclosed print volumes.

I think, at the moment that is probably the best 'bang-for-buck' 3d printer on the planet.

They've done 95% of the updates the original x5sa needed.

And reinforced corner brackets are a cheap and easy thing to add yourself.

If I needed that build volume - that would be the first machine on my current list.

thank you guys for the help. appreciate it.

Technician
    I really like the Tenlog D3 Pro that I bought a few months ago. It has 300 x 300 x 350 build plate and dual extruders. It is only my second printer. My first was a Tronxy. I'm no expert, but I'm very happy with the quality and versatility of the Tenlog. It was just over $500.

Student
    I'm a new to 3D printer, I have a Creality Ender 3V2. It is said that this is a printer suitable for beginners. Now I can print some simple model. I really like 3D printing, I will try to learn more knowledge about printing.

Yes I agree with @spencerross .I usually recommend an FDM printer rather than an SLA one.I kind of prefer filament printers, they're much safer and cleaner!

I can tell you my experience with ELEGOO Mars 2 Pro 3D Printer. After lots of YouTube research I bought this. because it was the best value for money in the UK and has good performance, having some significant upgrades on the basic Mars, including the built in extraction and cover seal and the fill level marker on the aluminium resin tray. I am using it to print out display accessories and scenery for my Star Wars figures and vehicles. I would recommend Thingiverse and Cults3d as good resources for free print files. It requires minimum setup, came very well packaged and the box cut down slightly makes an excellent cover to give extra protection from unwanted uv light and dust when not in use. It takes up very little space in my workshop.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast