Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Suggestion

I am completely new to 3D printing and bought a TwoTrees Saphire Pro from Banggood.

It refuses to print anything from the supplied SD card, the USB connection does not work. No documentation other than the construction details and to level the bed are included.

I am trying to return the printer for a refund but the Banggood is trying to put the onus on their supplier rather than deal with the problem themself despite their own refund or return policy.

I can only suggest you give the Saphire Pro a miss.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 05-09-2020 at 02:20 AM.

Hello,

Considering a 3d printer-

Use will be personal, making things to amuse a 5 year old and 8 year old, likely star wars stuff and toys...maybe a helmet is the largest size item I'd consider-

Budget is 300 or less

experience is none, I'm OK with computers, but this is definitely new to me-

Things that are important
    1. don't want to set the house on fire, so something that can pause when I'm not around or is very safe
    2. ease of use / low maintenance / doesn't require a lot of upgrading initially
    3. large community for support as I'm learning what the heck I'm doing
    4. Not super loud, woud be great if I could make calls/etc while in the same room, not sure if this is possible but vids of the newer kickstarter model looked like it was pretty quiet-

So in my research coming up with these options

Creality CR-6SE - 341 shipped/august - over budget slightly, is it worth it as a more polished product? August is a ways off too-
    Ender 3x = 219 ships in 2 weeks
    Ender 3 pro with glass and 5 nozzle upgrade = 258
    Ender 3 with glass/5 nozzles - 219
    Ender 3 V2 = 269, june? not available for pre-order right now-

any feedback or suggestions on other models would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit nervous about even pursuing this hobby, but with being home more thought it might entertain me and the kids if I can figure this out-
    Thanks!

I can't speak to the CR6, but the Ender 3 you will need some upgrading for what you describe. The Ender 3 series does not have thermal runaway protection out of the box, so you would need to update the firmware. This is easily accomplished after either loading a bootloader (you would need an Arduino board to do so), or upgrading the mainboard to something like SKR Mini E3 which has a bootloader built in. from there, you have a choice of Marlin or several forks of Marlin to compile and load (I find Cheetah 5.0 to be the easiest)

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    okay @ hook13
    Firstly you CANNOT get everything on your list for 300 ? what ?:- bucks, pounds, australian dollars, canadian dollars, shekels - give us a clue here :-)

Secondly: ALL ender products and most creality products are not easy to use and almost certainly WILL require, modifying, rebuilding and serious tinkering.

Either raise your budget OR lower your build volume.

Let us know where you are in the world and I'll see what's around.

Thi is NOT really a good time to get into 3d printing.
    Most retailers have low or no stock in a lot of products, printer prices have gone up and filament is the most expensive I've ever seen it.

Have a look at the monoprice:
    voxel nice machine, smallish build volume, but fits all your other criteria/
    maker select plus - another $60 (I'm, assuming you are american as you lot often don't realise it's a big world with lots of countries and currencies ;-) This is a really nice machine, closest to the original prusa I3 you can probably get and a good price because of it.

Another one to have a look at is the Sovol 01: https://www.amazon.com/Sovol-Upgrade...s%2C335&sr=8-1

About as good a non-actual-prusa design i3 as you can get. Large friendly facebook group and the company is still young enough and small enough to still care what their customers think :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-17-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks for the feedback, yes shipping to US (got me)....anyways I'll definitely check out the recommendations-

things to consider when buying a 3D printer

Quote Originally Posted by Ben2900 View Post
    I need advice on the best 3d printer to get. I have never owned one before. Can someone tell me an ideal printer for me? Give me one with unlimited budget and one under 1000. I am on a MacBook Pro.
    there are many factors you should take into account before making any decision:

?, your purpose : why you want to buy a 3D printer and what will you use it for? If you are going to print substantial objects , you may want to get a 3d printer that comes with a large printer bed. if you want to make multi-color objects, a dual-extruder or triple-extruder 3d printer is the one to go for.

2, your budget. prices for 3D printers vary greatly.

3, are you a novice or veteran in 3D printing? most budget 3D printers require manual leveling and assembly. if you do not have any technical background or sufficient knowledge about 3d printers, or simply want to avoid alll the trouble , you may want to raise your budget for a more advanced 3d printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben2900 View Post
    I need advice on the best 3d printer to get. I have never owned one before. Can someone tell me an ideal printer for me? Give me one with unlimited budget and one under 1000. I am on a MacBook Pro.
    Monoprice Voxel. Best 3D printer for most people. ...
    http://www.digitalcreaters.com/

Super Moderator
    I think this thread should be titled 'Post spam here' with all the spam that gets posted on it
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 07-16-2020 at 03:51 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah - we get a lot, not sure anyone else removes it and I'm only one person :-)

Not sure reposting it for them is a terribly good idea though ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah - we get a lot, not sure anyone else removes it and I'm only one person :-)

Not sure reposting it for them is a terribly good idea though ;-)
    I agree! If it is obvious spam or click bait, just delete it along with the user?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast