Close

I3v 12inch marlin rcbugfix..

Has anyone successfully ported the latest rcbugfix to work with the I3v?

I have tried and haven't had much success.

I have a pegasus 12 but I think it's pretty close. I've got RC8 bugfix running just fine. I sat down with both configure.h files open and walked through them. It took a couple of iterations but after 2 hrs, it was done and working. What specific problems are you seeing?

You do need to bring up your old Configuration.h files in a visual diff program and cross over the important settings. I know this is a hassle. But some of the names had to be changed to make things more clear and easier for people going forward. Just dropping your old Configuration.h files in place won't produce good results.

The good news is.... Within a week... We are promoting RCBugFix to 'Golden Master' and Marlin will have a Stable Release. And it really is good!

I did the file comparison using Notepad++ and that was fine, except my version of Marlin was very old, as you can imagine many new features in the latest and some configuration file changes too.

The 2 main things im having issues with are:

1. G29 not working, Im trying to use Auto UBL. Was G29 removed? I guess I need more info on how the new Auto UBL woks versus the old G28 G29
    commands. To clarify, I am still using a servo and switch for my Z probe.

2.Printer orientation. In my older version of Marlin, it allowed you to specify the orientation of the printer. I cant seem to find it in the latest.

Any help is greatly appreciated..
    Last edited by voodoo28; 04-26-2017 at 08:00 AM.

I am just using mesh BL so can't help you on #1. For #2, not sure what you mean by orientation - bed, stepper direction, end stops, ...?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    1. G29 not working, Im trying to use Auto UBL. Was G29 removed? I guess I need more info on how the new Auto UBL woks versus the old G28 G29
    commands. To clarify, I am still using a servo and switch for my Z probe.

2.Printer orientation. In my older version of Marlin, it allowed you to specify the orientation of the printer. I cant seem to find it in the latest.
    1. Look for AUTO_BED_LEVELING_UBL in the Configuration.h file. Turn it on and adjust the numbers in that section to reasonable values for your printer.

2. The bed orientation never made it into the main code base. That was an feature that pretty much stayed here. But it may get added soon.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You do need to bring up your old Configuration.h files in a visual diff program and cross over the important settings. I know this is a hassle. But some of the names had to be changed to make things more clear and easier for people going forward. Just dropping your old Configuration.h files in place won't produce good results.

The good news is.... Within a week... We are promoting RCBugFix to 'Golden Master' and Marlin will have a Stable Release. And it really is good!
    Where will this be announced/posted?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Where will this be announced/posted?
    It will get a 'Tag' at https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/ I'm not sure what that Tag will be, but it is very possible it will be https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/1.1.0

But you will see links to it posted here and at RepRap world.