Close

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+

available 3d scan applications for android?

Autodesk's scan tool disappeared. Is there another option?

Is there another service that you could simply upload a few pictures that might create a 3d part? I want to make toys of my child and myself for his scale cars.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    There are quite a few apps around - all the ones I've tried don't really work.

Bugger - autodesk have shutdown 123dapp. Bastards.

have a look at this project - he recommends a program that uses the photos the turntable generates: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1762299

best i can come up with at the moment.

That is really annoying about autodesk.

Technician
    Add kennycoulter on Facebook Add kennycoulter on Google+
    I just added SCANN3D, but it says to not use a turntable. I can't imagine that the GPS in the phone is sensitive enough to coordinate itself around an object.... That is the only reason that I can think that it might recommend NEEDING to move around the object to take pictures.

Thank you for the link.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what it means is don't use a turntable to turn the SUBJECT (this is because it's logical and easy to do). The one on thingiverse cleveryly moves the camera round the model and gets round the problem very neatly :-)

All picture to model programs insist that you move the camera round the model not the other way round.
    While all commercial desktop scanners rotate the model in front of the camera.

Does it make sense ? nope.