Close

Administrator

Patient Grows New Ear on Arm

A patient in China grew a replacement ear on his arm that has since been transplanted into its more likely resting place on the side of his head. Efforts to grow ears have developed in leaps and bounds over the last twenty years with more practical application being seen in China as a result of their less restrictive stem cell research rules and focus on innovation rather than regulation in medicine. Ji's ear grew with the help of a 3D printed skin expander, and after a successful transplant surgery, he is expected to be released from the hospital in the next two weeks. Read more at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/170366/man-grows-new-ear-on-arm/

Quote Originally Posted by Morganlee View Post
    I heard about this experiment for the first time in the news, it was about a man who lost his ear in a car accident and the doctors found a solution to implant it again. At first, it seemed silly, but when I read more about such experiments they seemed revolutionary. Another big step for medicine. I wondered if there is medical insurance for such medical experiments as well. If we were to assume that some of such experiments would fail and could bring serious complications on patients' health, who would answer ? After some research I found this company https://www.iinsight.biz/, which helps such patients not only with medical insurance, but also with the period of rehabilitation and other problems of this kind.
    Yeah, dude I was also amazed the first time I heard about such experiments. This is proof that medicine is evolving, I hope they will find a cure for deadly diseases.